Weather!

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
orin stepanek
Plutopian

Re: Weather!

Post by orin stepanek » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:56 pm

Chris Peterson wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:41 am
orin stepanek wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:37 am
WE GOT 6-7 INCHES SNOW TODAY! so I got to test out my snow Joe! Works nice for an electric! I gave my gas to my daughter and son-in-law cause I couldn't get it started! They have a garage & ! don't! :lol2: It snowed about an inch since so I get to use it for cleanup tomorrow! Oh crap the snow plow just plugged my drive & recovered my sidewalk; more work still! :shock:
We got about four inches overnight. Plowed the driveway down to the mailbox (about a quarter mile) and shoveled the paths between the house and my office (a couple hundred yards). Good exercise, winter!
I just about got the snow plows junk cleaned off! I got cold so I am resting for a bit; I have about 30' to go! :wink:
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:02 pm

orin stepanek wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:56 pm
Chris Peterson wrote:
orin stepanek wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:37 am
WE GOT 6-7 INCHES SNOW TODAY! so I got to test out my snow Joe! Works nice for an electric! I gave my gas to my daughter and son-in-law cause I couldn't get it started! They have a garage & ! don't! :lol2: It snowed about an inch since so I get to use it for cleanup tomorrow! Oh crap the snow plow just plugged my drive & recovered my sidewalk; more work still! :shock:
We got about four inches overnight. Plowed the driveway down to the mailbox (about a quarter mile) and shoveled the paths between the house and my office (a couple hundred yards). Good exercise, winter!
I just about got the snow plows junk cleaned off! I got cold so I am resting for a bit; I have about 30' to go! :wink:
At the new house we're building, I've got three miles of driveway to clear out to the county road. I'm planning on replacing my current tractor with one with a heated cab once we move!
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:09 pm

Chris Peterson wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:02 pm
orin stepanek wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:56 pm
Chris Peterson wrote:

At the new house we're building, I've got three miles of driveway to clear out to the county road. I'm planning on replacing my current tractor with one with a heated cab once we move!

Sounds like a winner!

I might try some snapshots today! :D
Orin

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Ann wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:56 am
P.S. Chris, I get exhausted just reading about your "winter exercise"!
I guess I shouldn't talk about the snowshoe trips over 12,000 foot passes!
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:22 pm

I promised some pictures! Just out the front windows! :mrgreen: After the snow removal; I'm afraid I got a little lazy!

IMG_0498.JPG
IMG_0499.JPG
IMG_0500.JPG

The last one was almost point blank into the sun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Orin

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:17 pm

Record snow fall in OKC on this date since 1895, 5 inches and counting. Happy New Year!
Know the quiet place within your heart and touch the rainbow of possibility; be
alive to the gentle breeze of communication, and please stop being such a jerk.
— Garrison Keillor

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:31 pm

Click to play embedded YouTube video.

bystander wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:17 pm

Record snow fall in OKC on this date
since 1895, 5 inches and counting.

Happy New Year!

Art Neuendorffer

rstevenson
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Post by rstevenson » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:57 pm

Here in Nova Scotia, specifically in its largest city and on the Atlantic coast, we’re having one of our mild winters. It’s only snowed three times so far, with both of the first two melting away and yesterday’s snow likely to do the same over the next couple of days. But it isn’t always like that. Because of our location sticking out into the North Atlantic we get a wide variety of inclement weather, depending on exactly where and on what track the center of the low pressure system passes by. If it swings a little east, we get a drier and colder storm. If it swings a bit west, we’re on the warm wet side of the storm. The worst come right up the middle of the province, so we get rain followed by lots of snow followed by lots more rain, which can cause the resulting high wet snow banks to freeze into unmovable blocks. Winter here can be surprisingly gentle or hideously wearisome. This looks like one of the gentle ones. (Famous last words?)

Rob

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:13 pm

Today was one of the rare sunny days in Malmö at this time of year, so I cycled down to West Harbour to see the sun glitter in the Strait of Öresund, and see Copenhagen gleam on the horizon. 🌞

I didn't take any pictures, partly because I was too bundled up. Chris would have found it a balmy day, I'm sure, but I disagree. On the other hand, I was comfy in my big huge warm Christmas sweater, a big blue thing with a big Christmas tree in front, which looks ridiculous now that Christmas is over, but I couldn't care less. 🎄

I went so overboard as to have an ice cream. The ice cream parlour was uncomfortably full of people, but once I got my ice cream and my hot coffee I went outside to have my coffee and ice cream in the fresh air outside. It was a bit cold for ice cream, I have to admit, and I didn't take any pictures partly because I was wearing a big mitten on the hand which I didn't use for handling the ice cream and the coffee. 🍦☕️

For all of that, it was nice. But now winter is coming, they say. We are supposed to get snow on Wednesday, and then temperatures will drop. ❄️❄️❄️

Ann
Color Commentator

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:35 pm

We buy ice-cream by the box! It used to be a gallon; but now we are lucky if the box is 3/4 gal! Size shrinkage due to cost! What the hey? You just have to buy more often to satisfy your wants and needs! :mrgreen: My wife only buys ice-cream :D when it's on sale!

th.jpg
from on line images

when I was a kid the banana split
was my favorite sundae! :lol2:
Still is; but too much to eat!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Orin

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:08 pm

Some snow falling; doesn't look as though that it will amount to much! We still have full ground cover from Dec. 30 snow! Hopeful that drought is over! :)
Orin

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:28 pm

It is supposed to get in the 50"s today! While that feels nice for this time of year; it makes you wonder about how hot summer will be! This used to be the coldest time of year! :shock:
Orin

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:55 pm

We are supposed to get 3" to 5" snow tomorrow! We will see how that goes! ⛄️ 🌬
Orin