garden

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
User avatar
orin stepanek
Plutopian
Posts: 4464
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: garden

Postby orin stepanek » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Yesterday my wife made a batch of dill pickles; slices and spears; I love the spears! Must have about a dozen pints! :D Today I made another batch of tomatoes to freeze; I must have about 45 pints of frozen tomatoes! We really had a good crop this year! 8-)
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

User avatar
orin stepanek
Plutopian
Posts: 4464
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: garden

Postby orin stepanek » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:49 pm

Yesterday and today I started to put in my garden! Tomatoes; cucumbers; and peppers! I keep saying every fall that I am done with the garden; but I get that itch every spring! :mrgreen:
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

User avatar
Ann
4725 Å
Posts: 8386
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 5:33 am

Re: garden

Postby Ann » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:43 am

orin stepanek wrote:Yesterday and today I started to put in my garden! Tomatoes; cucumbers; and peppers! I keep saying every fall that I am done with the garden; but I get that itch every spring! :mrgreen:


Keep it up, Orin! Image

Ann
Color Commentator

User avatar
orin stepanek
Plutopian
Posts: 4464
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: garden

Postby orin stepanek » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:30 pm

Ann wrote:
orin stepanek wrote:Yesterday and today I started to put in my garden! Tomatoes; cucumbers; and peppers! I keep saying every fall that I am done with the garden; but I get that itch every spring! :mrgreen:


Keep it up, Orin! Image

Ann


10Q Ann; :lol2: :wink:
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

User avatar
orin stepanek
Plutopian
Posts: 4464
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: garden

Postby orin stepanek » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:26 am

Lets see if I can still do this! We got a little garden and I picked a whopper tomato! It weighted out at 1.933 pounds! :D 8-)
006.JPG
008.JPG

My wife's hand holding the tomato!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

User avatar
Ann
4725 Å
Posts: 8386
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 5:33 am

Re: garden

Postby Ann » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:36 am

That's amazing!!! :shock:

What will you do with it?

Ann
Color Commentator

User avatar
orin stepanek
Plutopian
Posts: 4464
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: garden

Postby orin stepanek » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Ann wrote:That's amazing!!! :shock:

What will you do with it?

Ann


My wife already cut into it! part of it went into a BLT I had for supper! Other tomatoes we had turned into 28 cups of frozen tomatoes. I blanch them, skin them, cut them in chunks, boil them, bag them and freeze them in two cup zip lock bags and freeze them! There are still a lot of them in the garden! Darn squirrels want a share of them also! :lol2:
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

User avatar
Ann
4725 Å
Posts: 8386
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 5:33 am

Re: garden

Postby Ann » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:01 pm

orin stepanek wrote:
Ann wrote:That's amazing!!! :shock:

What will you do with it?

Ann


My wife already cut into it! part of it went into a BLT I had for supper! Other tomatoes we had turned into 28 cups of frozen tomatoes. I blanch them, skin them, cut them in chunks, boil them, bag them and freeze them in two cup zip lock bags and freeze them! There are still a lot of them in the garden! Darn squirrels want a share of them also! :lol2:


Yum for tomatoes! No for the squirrels!

Ann
Color Commentator

User avatar
rstevenson
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Posts: 2412
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Dartmouth, NS, Canada

Re: garden

Postby rstevenson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Ann wrote:Yum for tomatoes! No for the squirrels!

Now don't be prejudiced. Squirrel tastes just fine.

Rob


Return to “Open Space: Discuss Anything”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests