Num num num

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
Ann
4725 Å

Re: Num num num

Postby Ann » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:00 pm

The mouse restaurant is getting ever more popular, and people keep adding things to it. In the picture at right, you can see a tiny pig, a miniature dinosaur, a very diminutive mouse, a very small Christmas tree and two nicely wrapped Christmas presents, a few nuts on the steps outside the nut shop and several posters on the wall. Someone has apparently tried to break into the electrical cabinet at far right. Three big cheese packages are waiting for a lucky guest on the little table outside the restaurant. Note the smart black jacket and elegant purple scarf that a guest has left on a clothes hanger.

Ann
Color Commentator

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Postby orin stepanek » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:18 pm

OMG! my wife spent the better part of two days making all kinds of Num num nums! :D
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

Ann
4725 Å

Postby Ann » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:13 am

orin stepanek wrote:OMG! my wife spent the better part of two days making all kinds of Num num nums! :D

Yummy! My sister-in-law fixed all sorts of good things too, and I just sat down and ate it! (Well, I brought along a lot of chocolate and stuff, but she had already fixed all the food when I arrived...)

Ann
Color Commentator

Ann
4725 Å

Postby Ann » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:52 pm

So I decided to celebrate yesterday's lovely day of spring (today was much colder) by cycling to Katrinetorp for a delicious lunch.

For starters I had tartar of venison, except I told the maitre d' I don't like raw meat, so would they please fry it for me? They did, and it was delicious. It was served with pickled salsify, thin crisp slices of dark purple bilberry bread, cress oil and lots of cress. It was yummy!

The main course was pike quenelles in a lobster stock served with finely sliced black radish. This was also good.

The dessert was divine! It was a scope of lovely black currant ice cream resting on a chocolatey base resembling a mixture of mudpie, chocolate fudge and chocolate truffle, with the barest hint of licorice. It was served with leaves of oxalis and a lot of semi-frozen, slightly sweetened black currants. Like I said, it was absolutely divine!!! :D :D :D

Oh, so yummy!!!

Ann
Color Commentator

Ann
4725 Å

Postby Ann » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:17 am

Yesterday I visited my friend, and she cooked a veritable spring feast for us, with some help from me!

We went searching for small tender stinging nettles and the impossible-to-eradicate weed, ground elder, which was reportedly brought to Scandinavia by Catholic monks, who couldn't grow their usual crops in our harsh northern climate - no monastery wine here! - and so they brought ground elder with them, so that they wouldn't starve. Sounds like a tall tale to me. Anyway, ground elder is ubiquitous, and in the spring it tastes quite good in a pie.

...and transform them into a delightful nettle soup!
Source: https://www.coop.se/recept--mat/recept/oe/oertgazpacho/

The soup was delicious, and the ground elder pie was really good. Afterwards we had waffles with ice cream and frozen black currants from my friend's giant black currant tree. I helped her pick the black currants last summer, and now they tasted of spring! :D

Ann
Color Commentator

rstevenson
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Postby rstevenson » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 pm

That soup looks deliciously spring-like, Ann.

Rob

Return to “Open Space: Discuss Anything”