Gone Fishing

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
TNT
Science Officer

Gone Fishing

Post by TNT » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:55 pm

A couple hours ago I went fishing at Shawnee Mission Park where there is a fairly large lake. I caught a bass and a sunfish despite the occasional rain, although the sunfish didn't get hooked too well. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so I can't post any pictures of my catch, but hopefully next weekend. In the meantime, if there are any fishermen out there, I'd like to see the fish you've caught!
The following statement is true.
The above statement is false.

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Re: Gone Fishing

Post by geckzilla » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:25 pm

When my dad and I lived in San Diego, we went deep sea fishing a few times. I caught the biggest fish (must have been 15 years ago!) on the boat and won the pot, once. Somewhat small still by tuna standards but somewhat near the limit of what my scrawny arms can handle. Meat went all sorts of places but a lot of it got smoked and I found myself up in the middle of the night snacking on it right out of the fridge... sounds gross to eat cooked cold fish like that but it was good.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

TNT
Science Officer

Post by TNT » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Tuna :?: :!: That fish is huge! :shock:

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:09 am

And it had a lot of energy. I did a couple of laps around the boat all while passing under or going behind all the other people with their lines also in the water before getting it close enough for the gaff. Two ways to lose a large fish... being impatient and reeling it in too quickly or trying to haul its body out of the water up the side of the boat. Don't snap the line! I also caught a sculpin, a seal and a seagull. The seagull could be reeled in (from the air!) and unhooked but the seal pulled half my line out before a guy next to me pulled out a knife and cut it for me. I've always wondered what happened to the seal after that. Not a good day for it.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

Moonlady
Selenian

Post by Moonlady » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:45 am

A man died in a telephone box with the sides smashed in, his hands are covered in blood and the telephone receiver is hanging down. There are two packages outside of the telephone box, a long thin tube and a small box.
Why did he die?

Do not cheat by googling! I answer with yes and no! :mrgreen:

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:54 am

Congratulations on catching that huge fish, TNT! And very well done, geckzilla!

Ann
Color Commentator

TNT
Science Officer

Post by TNT » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:24 am

At a pond down in Leawood there are largemouth bass that can be fifteen inches long. I was close to reeling one in but my line snapped and I lost the lure! Well, then again, it was only two-pound test line, which would not have done good anyway. But with all this heat, my fishing trips are starting to dwindle, at least until it gets a lot cooler.
This is a picture of part of Boundary Waters, where Boy Scout Troop 199 will be going on the 28th for a High Adventure. The scouts will be carrying canoes to various lakes, canoe in those lakes, and eat the fish they catch for dinner. There are many different fish in these lakes, such as bass, walleye, and pike, and the fish up north are huge. Hopefully no scout will go to sleep hungry at all.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:56 am

Moonlady wrote:A man died in a telephone box with the sides smashed in, his hands are covered in blood and the telephone receiver is hanging down. There are two packages outside of the telephone box, a long thin tube and a small box.
Why did he die?

Do not cheat by googling! I answer with yes and no! :mrgreen:
He died so Moonlady could ask us why, and make us overwork our poor little brains to no avail, and feel like dunces when she reveals the answer. Yup! thats why he died. :yes: :lol2:
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.