Russian Fiery Cloud Thing

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Russian Fiery Cloud Thing

Post by geckzilla » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:19 am

Speculate.
Click to play embedded YouTube video.
Click to play embedded YouTube video.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Re: Russian Fiery Cloud Thing

Post by BMAONE23 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:34 am

Another fireball meteor bright though but above the clouds similar to but smaller than Chelyabinsk

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:18 am

The original audio is preserved in both videos and there is no apparent sound from whatever it was that I could hear. That could help characterize it. I wonder if anyone picked up audio from it.

Edit: Wait a second... Here's another angle showing the glow on the ground. It merely appears to be above the clouds. I'm moving this to Open Space.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=729_1416378619

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:43 pm

geckzilla wrote:The original audio is preserved in both videos and there is no apparent sound from whatever it was that I could hear. That could help characterize it. I wonder if anyone picked up audio from it.

Edit: Wait a second... Here's another angle showing the glow on the ground. It merely appears to be above the clouds. I'm moving this to Open Space.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=729_1416378619
Even before the video showing the glow coming from the ground, it was apparent this wasn't a meteor, but a source either coming from the ground or possibly an explosion behind the clouds (with most bets on a ground event). Arguing against a meteor were the color, lack of motion, and lack of any reports you'd expect to hear from such an event- sounds, seismics, infrasound records.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:55 pm

I also noticed the lack of movement. There are only two scenarios I could think of involving an explosion above the clouds. Either a moving object with a nearly vertical trajectory (something like a rocket) or a very slow or stationary object hovering above. The "satellite killer" rumor that began circulating immediately after the first videos emerged was laughably absurd.