That Christmas time of year again

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
THX1138
Emailed Bob; Got a new title!
AKA: Wile-e-coyote super genius

That Christmas time of year again

Post by THX1138 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:07 am

Unless you're like me, to cheap to buy new Christmas lights every year sometime this week you went out to your garage and found your box of lights plugged them in and NOTHING.
Yep one bulb goes out somewhere on the line and the entire string of lights goes out
You ever wonder if China is wired the same way, like your next door neighbors porch
light goes out and the whole city goes dark
I've come to the conclusion that when i said i wanted to be somebody when i grew up i probably should have been more specific

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Re: That Christmas time of year again

Post by geckzilla » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:13 am

THX1138 wrote:Unless you're like me, to cheap to buy new Christmas lights every year sometime this week you went out to your garage and found your box of lights plugged them in and NOTHING.
Yep one bulb goes out somewhere on the line and the entire string of lights goes out
You ever wonder if China is wired the same way, like your next door neighbors porch
light goes out and the whole city goes dark
China makes cheap goods out of cheap materials with cheap labor for the US to satisfy US demands for cheap goods and logically you conclude that Chinese people are inferior. That's just not true. Please note that it is our population demanding the cheap goods. They merely continue to provide them because we continue to buy them.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:05 pm

THX1138 wrote:
Unless you're like me, to cheap to buy new Christmas lights every year sometime this week you went out to your garage and found your box of lights plugged them in and NOTHING.

Art Neuendorffer

THX1138
Emailed Bob; Got a new title!
AKA: Wile-e-coyote super genius

Post by THX1138 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:38 am

I didn't notice your reply till right now, been super busy around here to busy if fact to even log in here at APOD
Indeed, i purchased that device a short time ago, works rather well but i'm thinking that the winning move is not to mess with these type of lights anymore in the future. I am only going to run the old school large bulb type of lights from now on as they are just so much easier to deal with (an understatement of astronomical proportions)
Thank you for taking the time to post that and also for the link there for the actual device
I've come to the conclusion that when i said i wanted to be somebody when i grew up i probably should have been more specific