Introductions: How did you become interested in astronomy?

Introductions, Rules, Announcements, and Feedback
CURRAHEE CHRIS
Science Officer

Re: Introductions: How did you become interested in astronomy?

Post by CURRAHEE CHRIS » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:46 pm

I have always had an interest but was relatively poor growing up and couldn't really afford a telescope but I do remember my dad at least trying to show me the constellations. I never felt like I could dedicate the time and effort necessary to make a good effort towards learning about astronomy. Now that my youngest child is 12 and I am pretty established at my job, my wife got me a neat little scope and I have tried to read and keep up with it to some degree on a daily basis.

sincozh
Asternaut

Post by sincozh » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:54 pm

Trough photography. The night was always magic for me. A few years ago I joined a nightscape photography workshop. Since then I only shoot night photography. Its the best moment to disconect the daily routine from the job.

PaulMcP
Asternaut

Post by PaulMcP » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:02 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm Paul from northern Scotland and have always been fascinated with astronomy since I saw my first northern lights as a kid. Right now I live in Moscow and can't really look at the sky (which is always overcast, and polluted with light when the weather's good) but when I go to the dacha (a small cottage in the countryside that most Russians have and where they like to go during the summer) with my kids, we love to watch the sky together.

I've decided to join this forum in order to learn more about astronomy, since I know how to look at the sky through a telescope but not much more.

HenryStein
Asternaut

Introduction

Post by HenryStein » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi, everyone! Not sure if anyone had done this already, so I just made this thread for new guys like me to create an intro. Anyway, newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online astronomy community. I'm hoping to learn more from the other members here. Cheers!