APOD assessment poll #7

Introductions, Rules, Announcements, and Feedback

For how long have you been following APOD?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Less than 6 months
5%
Between 6 months and 2 years
9%
Between 2 years and 5 years
19%
Between 5 years and 10 years
35%
Greater than 10 years
31%
What's an APOD?
0%

Total votes: 4208

John Koehler

Re: APOD assessment poll #7

Post by John Koehler » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:15 am

As taxpayers we finance the most advanced look into the cosmos ever conceived. We share the results of this exploration/adventure with ease. This just might be the best bargain we ever got.

John Koehler

lockmaster

Post by lockmaster » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:40 pm

I have been checking the site on a weekly basis and have been using the pictures as rotating desktop wallpapers.

gooneha

Post by gooneha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:25 am

Wowing me for at least ten years, never miss a day to peek, keep it up, thanks.

D BURUM

Post by D BURUM » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:50 pm

I have been looking at APOD at least 10 years. In the late 80's, I was introduced to the night skies when I took a job in far west Texas and had the opportunity to visit McDonald Observatory on numerous occasions. In 2001, I was given a new teaching assigment and subsquently discovered APOD which became my "morning coffee". Due to the nature of my teaching assignment, I was able to use APOD's pictures with my students as a means encouraging science.

To this day, APOD is still part of my daily routine. The heavens are magnificient and thank you all for sharing it with the public.

crosthwa@mts.net

Post by crosthwa@mts.net » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:50 am

Much more than 10 years. The only website I have ever visited that has no ads nor popups. Keep up the good work guys!

moshejay

Post by moshejay » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:39 am

hi there,
I've been following regularly nearly 2 years...its a fantastic & illuminating site...thanks for making it

robought1

Post by robought1 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:32 am

I've been following APOD for about 5 years ever since I discovered it! I've shown it to a number people at work and they have been wowed by the images
shown on a daily basis. My father introduced to astronomy at lectures at the University of Toronto when I was a kid.
He would have loved this site!

mach 5

Post by mach 5 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Images from space are some of the very few places of peace, far above and hopefully forever divorced from the crazy space we inhabit. For a few moments, every day for at least ten years, ... Thanks for spending tax dollars in a way that doesn't promote divisiveness and violence.
Last edited by bystander on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please keep religion off this board. Read the rules.

pf46

Post by pf46 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:58 pm

about 10 years