APOD Lecture in Paris on 2014 June 17

Introductions, Rules, Announcements, and Feedback
RJN
Baffled Boffin

APOD Lecture in Paris on 2014 June 17

Post by RJN » Thu May 01, 2014 5:49 pm

APOD editor Robert Nemiroff will be giving the next APOD lecture on (2014) June 17 in Paris, France. The lecture title is "Looking at the stars: Beautiful astronomy images from APOD" with many of the best and most recent images and videos from APOD shown and explained along with some interesting backstories. The venue will be the American Library in Paris and the lecture will begin at 7:30 pm. The official web page for the lecture is here. The presentation will be in English but moderated in French by Didier Jamet, the founder of Ciel des Hommes, a French astronomy site that houses a mirror of APOD in French.

Although the event is free, seating is limited, so interested people are encouraged to make reservations by sending email to rsvp@americanlibraryinparis.org, with the subject heading: APOD program.

- RJN

RJN
Baffled Boffin

Re: APOD Lecture in Paris on 2014 June 17

Post by RJN » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:16 pm

Below is quoted text from Pauline Lemasson, the External Relations Manager for the American Library in Paris and a key coordinator for the APOD lecture event there.

"Thank you both [RJN and Didier Jamet] very much for giving such a wonderful presentation on Tuesday evening. The images and videos were all quite amazing, and the commentary very insightful. I counted about 90 people in the audience, which is a great turnout. Everyone I spoke with that evening thoroughly enjoyed themselves, some having come from very far and found out about the event through APOD and Ciel des Hommes."

- RJN

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Re: APOD Lecture in Paris on 2014 June 17

Post by geckzilla » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:07 pm

Welcome home, RJN.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.