Phases of Venus 2015

See new, spectacular, or mysterious sky images.
lujafer
Asternaut

Phases of Venus 2015

Post by lujafer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:27 am

With this new post I want to show the final work I've done on Venus and that is a summary of the monitoring of the planet on its way from the superior conjunction to inferior conjunction.
Just today,(2015/08/15) Venus is at inferior conjunction with the Sun perfectly aligned himself and the Earth, in this order, and for this reason at this moment we can not contemplate it until it starts again, the trip to the top in conjunction it will be increasingly visible in the early hours of dawn.
Coinciding with this date has seemed appropriate to publish this work which began on 28/12/2014 and ended on 23/07/2015. Track that has kept me busy over seven months and has brought me a lot of work but I have to also say that it has given me great satisfaction because it has allowed me to see the changes that will suffer the planet in size (phases ) and brightness along its orbit around the sun.
In 2013 and I made a similar attempt but did not have the same technical means available to me now, on the other hand, neither had the time necessary to perform a more thorough monitoring. This year if I could make a greater monitoring which has resulted in making more shots, with a frequency of two to three weeks, except for the last month that due to very bad weather could not make any decision.
All shots have been obtained with the same settings, that is, using the same telescope and camera. Logically, what we could not "standardize" have been sky conditions that at times were better and others have been less suitable, but generally have allowed me to take some pictures with a good definition even coming in Occasionally, to perceive small details of the atmosphere
Venusian.
Clear skies!!