CU: New Space Telescope Could Far Exceed Hubble's Resolution

Find out the latest thinking about our universe.
Speculator

Re: CU: New Space Telescope Could Far Exceed Hubble's Resolu

Post by Speculator » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:04 pm

geckzilla wrote:
Speculator wrote:
geckzilla wrote:The people issuing vicious attacks are often doing so out of their own sense of insecurity, though. In other words, they don't know as much as they think they do. Not enough to feel comfortable around someone expressing an unconventional idea. It's hardly normative in the scientific community. Of course, some dangerously wrong ideas (anti-vaccine movement, for example) deserve vigorous condemnation.
Chris's "utter nonsense" and your "deserves vigorous condemnation" geckzilla are vicious attacks .. so the attitudes of you both are obvious.
It is a widely shared attitude at this forum; not just the domain of Chris and myself. We have many lively disagreements here but we do all agree on one thing and it is the rule of this land: We embrace mainstream science at this forum in all of its forms and anti-science sentiments will be squelched. If you find yourself in strong disagreement with mainstream science and think it is your duty to convince us your way is better, then please leave. It's not now and it won't ever be acceptable here.
Evidence substantiating Mainstream Science does not require crude and vulgar attacks to substantiate itself .. it supports itself with science. The statistics I quoted are from Mainstream Science. Also, if Mainstream Science has found a vaccine against "cancer" please inform those afflicted (neglecting Cervical Cancer because history has not yet proven it effective, and besides, it's a vaccine possibly effective against a cancer causing organism, not cancer itself.

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Re: CU: New Space Telescope Could Far Exceed Hubble's Resolu

Post by geckzilla » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Speculator wrote:Evidence substantiating Mainstream Science does not require crude and vulgar attacks to substantiate itself .. it supports itself with science. The statistics I quoted are from Mainstream Science. Also, if Mainstream Science has found a vaccine against "cancer" please inform those afflicted (neglecting Cervical Cancer because history has not yet proven it effective, and besides, it's a vaccine possibly effective against a cancer causing organism, not cancer itself.
Who here is crudely or vulgarly attacking anyone? Sounds like you've been reading YouTube video comments or something silly like that. There is no vaccine against cancer and no reputable medical or scientific organization has made any claim. What you are most likely talking about is the HPV (human papillomavirus) vaccine. HPV is known to cause cervical cancer so it makes sense that if you vaccinate against it, cervical cancer risk from that particular etiology is reduced.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.