Can Search Engines Find Inquiries from the Future?

Research the universe. Expand humanity's knowledge.
The Code
2+2=5
AKA: Swainy

Re: Can Search Engines Find Inquiries from the Future?

Post by The Code » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi Folks

Candidate search term:

Rose Cheramie
Always trying to find the answers

RJN
Baffled Boffin

Post by RJN » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:23 pm

mark swain wrote: Candidate search term:
Rose Cheramie
Why?

The Code
2+2=5

Post by The Code » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:48 pm

RJN wrote:
mark swain wrote: Candidate search term:
Rose Cheramie
Why?

Because she new the exact time, JFK would be assassinated, days before it happened.

RJN
Baffled Boffin

Post by RJN » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:54 pm

How can this be proven with present day online search engines?

The Code
2+2=5

Post by The Code » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Why would top, government dudes with all the tech, go anywhere in time? If they have the tech. They also have the tech to remove any trace, when in time they want to. We are just left with the questions. How did that happen?

Just trying to add to the thread.

RJN
Baffled Boffin

Post by RJN » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:18 pm

I don't see how that search term can be used to find inquiries from the future. If I am missing something, please explain. Otherwise, I would be happy to discuss practical modern-day search terms that might be so used.

Please respond in this forum only if you can make practical suggestions that further this line of research. General comments about this or related research topics should be made in the Asterisk Cafe forum.

SsDd
Science Officer
AKA: Abhi

Post by SsDd » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:07 am

Some general info we need to know about search engines, and search engine data.

Google:- Google Trends

Google currently holds about 87% of global search engine market share. Google would be the first thing to turn to, in looking for good search terms. Luckily for us, Google keeps track of all search terms entered into its engines, since 2004, and it is available for our purview and research at http://www.google.com/trends .

Google trends is a tool developed by Google lab that "shows how often a particular search-term is entered relative to the total search-volume across various regions of the world.". The problem with Google Trends though, is that, it displays only search terms that have a significant volume of search entries. Which means, it does not allow us to isolate individual search entries. I will be very thankful, if someone can come up with a better way of looking up small volume of search terms.

SsDd
Science Officer

Post by SsDd » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:39 am

Search Terms:-

As I explained earlier, Google Trends records data only post 2004, so any search terms have to obviously be more current. Some of the very obvious search terms that I have tried out till now, with no success have been

APOD :- I started with a "tribute" search for APOD. For fellow researchers, a word of caution, the search volume index graphs shows a linearly decreasing plot over the past 6 years, do not be troubled by that. A downward trending line doesn't necessarily mean that the absolute traffic for a search term is decreasing - only that its popularity (or query share) is decreasing. Since Google Trends estimates search volume as a ratio of the search term to total number of different searches made, we can assume that as access to internet increased and Google grew bigger, people have been looking for lots of different searches. (On a side note, many people have looked for APOD shuffle and APOD nano, hmmmmm. )

Obama:- A very small peak in 2004, aroused my interest, but it turned out that it coincided with Obama's DNC speech in July 2004.

Michel Jackson dead:- I have uncovered a small peak in March 2005. Considering that the Google search data is normalized, the peak is rather interesting.. I have not been able to determine a plausible explanation for the sudden interest in his death. From what I can ascertain, there are no reports of him being hospitalized, and neither has there been a "MJ is dead" hoax. I will be happy if someone can throw some light on that.

Those are more general search terms. More specific search terms results will be appreciated.

RJN
Baffled Boffin

Post by RJN » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Good comments, SsDd. A quick note that Google has a "Research" site that now explicitly supports "University Relations". This is discussed here: http://research.google.com/university/ . Here is an interesting quote from that site:
Research Tools

Faculty can leverage Google's infrastructure to conduct interesting research by applying for research access to two services: Google Search and Google Translate. We also provide access to code and Google App Engine for developing applications on Google infrastructure.
So perhaps we can get together a brief email/proposal to Google to get access to more details about search inquiries than is available from Google Trends, including finding instances of a single but suspicious search inquiry.

wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

Post by wonderboy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:57 am

Time travel really is a mind boggler.

However, here are a couple of points I'd like to note. If what has been said on this post is true then our futures are being controlled by people from that very same future who have access to infinite amounts of wisdom and who can see the best course of action for our race. This means that 9/11 was meant to happen (or allowed) as was the haiti earthquake, and the tsunami in asia! These Killed hundreds of thousands of people yet were allowed to happen for OUR best interests? what would have happened had these supposed future figures had not changed the turn of events? Its quite scary if you think of it that way.

Secondly, I believe that time travel is possible, however you wouldnt be able to change anything only peer into the past. This could be achieved by moving faster than the speed of light, away from the planet Earth. If all we see is possible through our eyes intaking light then surely if you move away from earth faster than the speed of light the planet would start to rotate the other way as your eyes intake the old light which you are racing in front of very slowly. this means that everything u can see has already happened! its a mind bender but i know you guys will understand what im saying. Fair enough you would need some pretty good optics to see whats happening on earth but the fact is if you did have the optics to see what was happening then you could zoom in enough on the planet based on its old light and see yourself doing whatever you did at the time. you wouldnt be able to change anything however.

This same premise can be seen through the use of the Sun, light takes 8 minutes to reach here, so technically we see the sun as it was 8 minutes ago. I think thats pretty scary and proves that you can look into the past, but not change anything.

see here for proof of faster than light speeds: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scie ... light.html

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:22 am

wonderboy wrote:see here for proof of faster than light speeds: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scie ... light.html
I didn't see proof of anything, just some fantastic claims. It is easy to make claims, quite something else to prove them.

wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

Post by wonderboy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:32 am

bystander wrote:
wonderboy wrote:see here for proof of faster than light speeds: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scie ... light.html
I didn't see proof of anything, just some fantastic claims. It is easy to make claims, quite something else to prove them.
proof was probably a bad word to use, all i wanted to do was source the fact that there may be the possibility of a speed faster than that of light.

SsDd
Science Officer

Post by SsDd » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:50 pm

wonderboy wrote:Time travel really is a mind boggler.
It most definitely is. Which is why, for the purposes of this forum, we do not concern ourselves with the physical, logical or moral logistics of Time Travel. The questions asked is simple, "Can Search Engines Find Inquiries from the Future?". We are just probing the applicability of search engines to smoke out Time travelers. As to how they do it, why they do it and why the choose to remain silent, we do not know/care.

In one of the earlier posts, someone pointed out that a person name Rose Charmaine had foreknowledge of the JKF assassination, including the name of the shooter, before it ever happened. A case can be made for that being information from the future, but even that topic is out of the scope of this discussion.

SsDd
Science Officer

Post by SsDd » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Time travelers, are sneaky. I think they are on to us, being on to them. Google Trends, shows that there has been a 100 fold increase in searches for Time Travelers in August 2009. 100 FOLD, not just 100 percent. Considering the fact that this post was started in November 2009, I think they knew in advance (not surprising, considering the fact that they travel in time, duh!), that we would be looking for them.

Which leads me to believe that they started entering the search term "time travelers" into Google Search engines back in August 2009, recovering and removing all traces of evidence of their existence.

Q.E.D

unless of course, someone can provide a better explanation and prove otherwise....

SsDd
Science Officer

Post by SsDd » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:57 am

Umm..... Upon further research, I found out that in August 2009, a movie called Time Travellers Wife came out. I am sure it is the most likely explanation, thereby shredding my own theory to bits.

rstevenson
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Post by rstevenson » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:41 pm

Well, I was wondering why time travellers would be searching for the term "time travellers".

Rob

SsDd
Science Officer

Post by SsDd » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Well. I was thinking that time travelers would be typing in the search term "time travelers", in order to to uncover any tracks they might have left behind, to see if they unwitting left behind evidence of their existence, so that we could not trace them, when we start looking for them in the future.

The Code
2+2=5

Post by The Code » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:07 pm

SsDd wrote:In one of the earlier posts, someone pointed out that a person name Rose Charmaine had foreknowledge of the JKF assassination, including the name of the shooter, before it ever happened.
JKF? Who?
SsDd wrote:Umm..... Upon further research, I found out that in August 2009, a movie called Time Travellers Wife came out. I am sure it is the most likely explanation, thereby shredding my own theory to bits.
The Book, (Which in my view was better than the film) Even longer ago.

Mark

SsDd
Science Officer

Post by SsDd » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:29 pm

mark swain wrote:
JKF? Who?
I am sorry. I meant "JFK" (John F Kennedy) and the name of the woman is Rose Cheramie, not Rose Chermaine, as I might have previously said.

Yes, the book did come out long before the movie, though I do not understand the point you are trying to make.

SsDd
Science Officer

Post by SsDd » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 pm

I was trying to explain the peak represented by E, and why there has been a sudden interest in time travelers in Aug 2009, when this post was started in Nov 2009.

The Code
2+2=5

Post by The Code » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:30 am

SsDd wrote:Yes, the book did come out long before the movie, though I do not understand the point you are trying to make.
Only That, The book was a best seller. Which had tv coverage . I would say, The Film was long anticipated .

SsDd
Science Officer

Post by SsDd » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:16 am

Yesterday, I came across some seriously scary stuff that kept me awake for the better part of the night.

n the late 90s a group of stock brokers and software analysts developed the "Web-bot", to predict stock market trends. Their idea was to monitor Internet activity, and develop natural language algorithms to study human activity on the internet and use it to judge the upward/downward market shifts. Using search terms

Since then, they claim to have expanded the project, and include a long list of events they they claim to have predicted a full 60-90 days before they occured. Prominent of them include 9/11 terrorist attacks, and Katrina http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Bot. Whats more, they even claim that their Web-Bot predicts that the world will end in 2012. Let that sink in for a minute.

Now, their work is almost similar to what we are trying to achieve. While we are trying to prove the existence of "time travellers", they use something the define as "collective human subconscious" to tap into the future. The web bot technology apparently taps in to an area of preconscious awareness. Sort of like a "I sense a disturbance in the force;- Obi Wan in Star wars" sort of thing. I would like to point your attention to a series of experiments conducted by Dean Radin in the field of "Unconscious perception studies", that seems to prove that human beings, in a lab react to stimulus or events a ffull 6 seconds before it actually occurs!! http://www.emergentmind.org/PDF_files.h ... versed.pdf. Supposed "random" numbers generated all over the world appeared to become less random immediately prior to 9/11. A web-bot, therefore uses the whole pool of people using the internet, to study these precognitive trends and makes predictions.

Here is a group that claims to have predicted the DC sniper shootings, and the Columbia Disaster http://www.urbansurvival.com/bot4.htm..

Mapping language is not easy. While we seek to use search engines, Web-bots went a step ahead and built their own search engines. The way your standard search-engine-next-door ( think google ) works is by using intelligent robots called "spiders". These spiders traverse the web, indexing all new pages and their information. The way these web-bots work, are similar to search engines. They "look for particular kinds of words. It targets discussion groups, translation sites, and places were regular people post a lot of text."

When a "target word" is found,, the web bots take a small 2048 byte snip of surrounding text and send it to a central collection point. The collected data is then filtered, using at least 7-layers of linguistic processing , which is then reduced to numbers and then a resultant series of scatter chart plots. Viewed over a period of time, the scatter chart points tend to coalesce into highly concentrated areas. Each dot on the scatter chart might represent one word or several hundred.

On one paper (I lost it, give me some time and i will find it), they present a "tipping point" theory, which is "A "tipping point" occurs when events from the future pass some mathematical point, where the general direction of many future events changes based on the events in the past that lead up to it.", suggesting that time is fluid, and in quantum terms, the human mind has an ability to perceive the future.

Pretty scary huh?

This research has far reaching implications on our quest for time travellers. Firstly, this probably provides a blueprint on how to go about our search. However, even if we uncover some evidence of possible precognition, how can we be sure that is it not "Unconcious perception", but evidence of a possible time traveller?

Whew! That took a while to compile.

Thoughts?

rstevenson
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Post by rstevenson » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:01 pm

"Yesterday, I came across some seriously scary stuff that kept me awake for the better part of the night. ..."

My first and only thought about this is that it's so easy to make predictions after the fact. Show me a notorized time-stamped paper document where either of the groups you mention above made an actual, specific prediction regarding the events they claim to have predicted. Until then, don't lose any sleep over it.

Rob

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:30 pm

SsDd wrote:Yesterday, I came across some seriously scary stuff that kept me awake for the better part of the night...
Pretty scary huh?
Yeah, about as scary as a guy in a robe wandering around with a "The World Will End Tomorrow!" sign. <g>

The idea that you can monitor web trends to make stock market predictions is perfectly sound. The idea that you can generally predict the future isn't, and nothing in the links you posted comes close to convincing me that anybody has done so. The creed of true skeptics is extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. I'm not going to lose any sleep.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

SsDd
Science Officer

Post by SsDd » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:43 pm

rstevenson wrote:"Yesterday, I came across some seriously scary stuff that kept me awake for the better part of the night. ..."

Rob
Okay, I shamefully admit that it was a little over the top. The idea that time could be fluid, or that the present/past and future are but a perception of the mind is a bit unsettling. The results of the predictions are not as troubling as the predictive nature itself.

One way of verifying the veracity of those claims, are by looking, as you pointed out, at the time stamps of the website. One way of doing that is to use "The Wayback Machine" http://www.archive.org/web/web.phpm that acts as an internet archive or sorts. It keeps track of the history of the website, and it can "take you back in time" to how and when websites were updated or created. I will look into it, and get back to this board.
Last edited by SsDd on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.