Photometry Files

The cosmos at our fingertips.
tilvi
Ensign

Photometry Files

Post by tilvi » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:29 am

Is it possible to list the links to all the photometry files for a night only at the end of the page?. I guess that would make it much easier to look for stars which are having the photometry data available for a perticular night. Also we need not write the star names in the photometry tables for which photometry data is not available.
Heres what I mean. Present photometry links files looks like this.
145102: FITS | BACK | OPACITY | Photometry | UNANNOTATED | ANNOTATED
144309: FITS | BACK | OPACITY | Photometry | UNANNOTATED | ANNOTATED
143912: FITS | BACK | OPACITY | Photometry | UNANNOTATED | ANNOTATED

Instead we can just do like this
145102: FITS | BACK | OPACITY | UNANNOTATED | ANNOTATED (Photometry link removed)
and at the end of the page , we can put a link for Photometry

And the photometry links would contain only those stars for which photometry data is availble for that perticular night. It might look like this.

HD18925 23Gam Per
HD432 11Bet Cas

comments?
Tilvi
Michigan Tech. University, MI.

Matt Merlo
Ensign

Post by Matt Merlo » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:09 pm

I think this is a good idea. It seems like it would make the data more organized and easier to sort through. I recommend we look into this.

Matt Merlo
Last edited by Matt Merlo on Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Merlo, Starfleet Command

RJN
Baffled Boffin

Post by RJN » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:34 pm

Hi guys,

I like the part where there is a link to all of the stars where a non-zero photometry file exists for that night. The problem is that the program can't know that until the end of the night which stars it did photometry for at some point in the night. So perhaps these files can be created at sunrise, before the sunset switch turns the machine off (to stop it from baking in the Sun). It would take up little computer time, disk space, and bandwidth, too. All we need is for someone to write the code! (Is that a volunteer hand I see waving way in the back?)

Besides that, I think the old photometry links can be somewhat useful (I use them) and don't take up much space. Yes, the page looks a little cluttered but I didn't think was a major problem here.

- RJN