Cerberus Fossae

The cosmos at our fingertips.
neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Cerberus Fossae

Post by neufer » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:46 pm

http://www.planetary.org/blog/article/00002580/ wrote:
The Planetary Society Blog By Emily Lakdawalla
3D Anaglyph: Troughs or vents in Cerberus Fossae?
Jul. 12, 2010 | 10:55 PDT | 17:55 UTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerberus_Fossae wrote:
<<The Cerberus Fossae are a series of semi-parallel fissures on Mars formed by faults which pulled the crust apart in the Cerberus region (9°N, 197°W). Ripples seen at the bottom of the fault are sand blown by the wind. The underlying cause for the faulting was magma pressure related to the formation of the Elysium Volcanic field, located to the northwest. The faults pass through pre-existing features such as hills, indicating that it is a younger feature. The formation of the fossae is suspected to have released pressurised underground water, previously confined by the cryosphere, with flow rates up to 2 × 106 m3s−1, leading to the creation of the Athabasca Valles. However, early radar analysis suggests there's no evidence of 'pack ice' tens of metres thick as hypothesised based on the images from Mars Express of the area. This is in support of the US view of images of the area, based on impact crater morphology which do not show any evidences of meteorite hitting anything but solid stone lava fields.>>
Art Neuendorffer

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Re: Cerberus Fossae

Post by Beyond » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:20 pm

The picture on the left did not seem to be any different no matter how i looked at it through 3-D glasses.
The picture on the right did not look 3-D untill i reversed the glasses and THEN it looked like it was protruding from the page as 3-D should. What gives neufer? You get some bad 3-D??
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:09 am

beyond wrote:The picture on the left did not seem to be any different no matter how i looked at it through 3-D glasses.
The picture on the right did not look 3-D untill i reversed the glasses and THEN it looked like it was protruding from the page as 3-D should. What gives neufer? You get some bad 3-D??
It works fine for me.

Did you click on the images for full resolution?

Are you using that set of 3-D glasses you stole from the Avatar movie?
Art Neuendorffer

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:08 pm

I don't go out to movies so i don't have a set of Avatar 3-D glasses.
I just tried looking through my "Berezin" glasses again and would you belive that now even the right one does not look like 3-D?? that's a normal occurance around here. I must be near the point of where ALL things are coming together, so there are times (mostly) when things just do not work right. It does not matter whether or not i click on the images or not, same result. That's just the way it is around here - for now.
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.