Photonics 4 Astronomy

The cosmos at our fingertips.
Photonics
Ensign

Photonics 4 Astronomy

Post by Photonics » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi my name is Mark. Greetings to everyone. I'm an inventor of an experimental photonic based, deep space telescope array. I started the project in 2012 and have produced thousands of images and videos.
I took a hiatus for awhile from the project but as of last week Ive started it back up. I was originally working with Craig Levin NASA HQ's Librarian in reference to propsals for unsolicited technology. I'm now working with Rick Spencer at NASA in the same regards. Ive also talked with Rob Scholten Harvard Dept. of Astronomy and Astrophysics. Both Rick and Rob have referred me to present my studies in a public forum discussion format until I can find a home for the project. The wheels at NASA turn slow and with budget cuts its even more difficult.

I would like to present a few images of some rather fascinating objects with the approval of the Forum Admin if necessary.

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Re: Photonics 4 Astronomy

Post by geckzilla » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:46 pm

You can post images if you'd like.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

Photonics
Ensign

APOD: M31: The Andromeda Galaxy (2015 Aug 30)

Post by Photonics » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:57 am

Hello I was referred by NASA HQ and Harvard to general astronomy forums in order to present some images from my experimental photonic deep space telescope array. We would like to gather opinions from other astronomers around the world. I have a few images of obscuring torus formations possibly around black holes. These findings may be groundbreaking in relation to the advances in photonic astronomy

I'm looking for the Administrator here.

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Re: APOD: M31: The Andromeda Galaxy (2015 Aug 30)

Post by bystander » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:17 am

Photonics wrote:Hello I was referred by NASA HQ and Harvard to general astronomy forums in order to present some images from my experimental photonic deep space telescope array. We would like to gather opinions from other astronomers around the world. I have a few images of obscuring torus formations possibly around black holes. These findings may be groundbreaking in relation to the advances in photonic astronomy

I'm looking for the Administrator here.
You've been sent a pm by one, and had your posts answered by two.
Know the quiet place within your heart and touch the rainbow of possibility; be
alive to the gentle breeze of communication, and please stop being such a jerk.
— Garrison Keillor

Photonics
Ensign

Photonics on Kepler's Supernova Remnant...from 2012

Post by Photonics » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:41 am

A view of Kepler's Supernova Remnant via Photonic based astronomy. A close up Pinpoint Radiation Study of high energy areas reveal possible new details. The system is still in it's experimental stages.

I hope this is the right area to post in. My apologies if I'm in the wrong :)
Attachments
Kepler's Supernova Remnant.  Photonics (purple)  NASA  (white) A composite image.  Note that the NASA image was a 4 layer composite of Hubble, (visible), Chandra, (X-ray Soft), Chandra,  (X-ray Hard) and Spitzer, (infrared).  I converted the 4 layer NASA image into Black and White and added the photonic image to produce a new 5 layered composite image.
Kepler's Supernova Remnant. Photonics (purple) NASA (white) A composite image. Note that the NASA image was a 4 layer composite of Hubble, (visible), Chandra, (X-ray Soft), Chandra, (X-ray Hard) and Spitzer, (infrared). I converted the 4 layer NASA image into Black and White and added the photonic image to produce a new 5 layered composite image.
A close up of the High Energy area detected by Chandra.  By reducing certain wavelengths form original images pinpoint radiation studies may be achieved.
A close up of the High Energy area detected by Chandra. By reducing certain wavelengths form original images pinpoint radiation studies may be achieved.
Kepler's Supernova Remnant- a new view with photonic based astronomy.  Possibly revealing a new complete structure within the remnant resembling a Grub Worm like shape or bent tubular "C" shape...2012
Kepler's Supernova Remnant- a new view with photonic based astronomy. Possibly revealing a new complete structure within the remnant resembling a Grub Worm like shape or bent tubular "C" shape...2012

Photonics
Ensign

Post by Photonics » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:56 am

Thank you:) I'm extremely busy and overlooked that.

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Re: Photonics on Kepler's Supernova Remnant...from 2012

Post by geckzilla » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:38 pm

Why do you call it "photonics"? Virtually all astronomical imaging is done in the EM spectrum. Why not call it by its general wavelength, ie x-rays, UV, etc since you say they are high energy imagery?
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:24 pm

Photonics wrote:A view of Kepler's Supernova Remnant via Photonic based astronomy.
The images are of no use without a technical description (or link to one) of the methodology involved in their collection and processing.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

Photonics
Ensign

Post by Photonics » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:54 pm

The system is still in experimental stages. Specific methodology is proprietary since I'm the inventor and it's simply not available to the public yet. There are excellent articles on advanced photonic research at DARPA as far as technical descriptions and methodology etc.

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:10 pm

Well that just lost you an audience.
Know the quiet place within your heart and touch the rainbow of possibility; be
alive to the gentle breeze of communication, and please stop being such a jerk.
— Garrison Keillor

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:13 pm

Photonics wrote:The system is still in experimental stages. Specific methodology is proprietary since I'm the inventor and it's simply not available to the public yet. There are excellent articles on advanced photonic research at DARPA as far as technical descriptions and methodology etc.
You've just defined yourself as a pseudoscientist. If the technique isn't ready for public disclosure, neither is the data.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory

Photonics
Ensign

Post by Photonics » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:31 pm

You're correct Chris. All I'm asking here simply is this..."Do theses look like space images? And if so do you think more research is warranted?"
This was a Discovery by Chance also. I did not set out one day to invent a Telescope lol. I'm a layman and I would not even consider myself an amateur astronomer...

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Photonics wrote:You're correct Chris. All I'm asking here simply is this..."Do theses look like space images? And if so do you think more research is warranted?"
This was a Discovery by Chance also. I did not set out one day to invent a Telescope lol. I'm a layman and I would not even consider myself an amateur astronomer...
I don't know what a "space image" looks like. If I saw the picture absent any context, I'd be as likely to think it's some egg yolk spattered on a pan as something astronomical. Context is everything, and for scientific images, is useless without an understanding of the techniques used.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory

Photonics
Ensign

M-87

Post by Photonics » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:06 pm

Possibly M-87 from 2012 Opinions are most welcome. Again I have no real provable idea how these images are being produced. All I can do is guess based on existing publicly available research.

Just looking for opinions as to whether theses "appear to be images from space?" And if so, would the community suggest that I should "proceed with further research?"

This project is in it's infancy stages..Just trying to get some answers instead of more questions. The questions are mounting taller than Everest at this point.

Polite and respectful comments/questions are appreciated.

Mark
Attachments
Hubble infrared
Hubble infrared
295315_476855195685462_1678909551_n.jpg
892500_163243487163628_703306780_o.jpg

Photonics
Ensign

Re: Possible M-87

Post by Photonics » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Possibly M-87. I can't say for certain but according to my sky maps I was in the correct vicinity. The system seems to image very large swaths of space at times. I have issues with steering also it seems. I am not claiming this is M-87, just an inference at this point. I cant find anything else that this could be however.
Attachments
M87-5.jpg
M87-4.jpg

Photonics
Ensign

Post by Photonics » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:04 pm

Again polite and respectful comments are most appreciated.

Photonics
Ensign

Post by Photonics » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:19 pm

Additional possible Kepler's Supernova Remnant imagery with a raw comparison image. Credit Hubble, Chandra, and Spitzer.

I have been referred to post my work on-line by NASA and Harvard for examination. They are essentially my only audience at this point.

Thanks,

Mark
Attachments
For reference.... A 4 layer composite image Of Kepler's.  Credit  Hubble, Chandra, Spitzer NASA
For reference.... A 4 layer composite image Of Kepler's. Credit Hubble, Chandra, Spitzer NASA
Another composite with an image from my system added to Hubble, Chandra, and Spitzer
Another composite with an image from my system added to Hubble, Chandra, and Spitzer

Photonics
Ensign

Possible Galaxy ESO 137-001. Twin Radiation Tails

Post by Photonics » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:02 am

Possible Galaxy ESO 137-001 Twin Radiation Tails
Attachments
Again I was viewing in this vicinity and I am not certain this is Galaxy ESO 137-001. It's a rather distinct formation however so I'm going with deductive reasoning and systematic comparison.
Again I was viewing in this vicinity and I am not certain this is Galaxy ESO 137-001. It's a rather distinct formation however so I'm going with deductive reasoning and systematic comparison.
For comparison Galaxy ESO 137-001... Credit Chandra/NASA
For comparison Galaxy ESO 137-001... Credit Chandra/NASA

Photonics
Ensign

Possible Galaxy UGC 6697

Post by Photonics » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:18 am

Possible Galaxy UGC 6697
Attachments
Possible Galaxy UGC 6697 using photonic methods
Possible Galaxy UGC 6697 using photonic methods
For comparison.  Credit Chandra/NASA
For comparison. Credit Chandra/NASA

Photonics
Ensign

Possible Milky Way Galactic Core...2012

Post by Photonics » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:59 am

Possible Milky Way Galactic Core ...2012
Attachments
All images from the system are in natural color and laser transmitted in extremely high definition.  I do modify simple contrast, hue, brightness, saturation etc to make images more defined.  I may occasionally change the original colors or reduce to Black and White for easier study as this produces more details.
All images from the system are in natural color and laser transmitted in extremely high definition. I do modify simple contrast, hue, brightness, saturation etc to make images more defined. I may occasionally change the original colors or reduce to Black and White for easier study as this produces more details.
For comparison. Credit NASA/NRAO/Naval Research Laboratory
For comparison. Credit NASA/NRAO/Naval Research Laboratory

Photonics
Ensign

Poss. Milky Way Galactic Core

Post by Photonics » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:10 am

Poss. Milky Way Galactic Core
Attachments
Poss. Larger view of Milky Way Galactic Core region showing coherent structure at Southern tip.
Poss. Larger view of Milky Way Galactic Core region showing coherent structure at Southern tip.
Possible Close up of Bubble Formation at Southern tip of Milky Way Galactic Core
Possible Close up of Bubble Formation at Southern tip of Milky Way Galactic Core

Photonics
Ensign

Post by Photonics » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:46 am

Professional Astronomers browsing Starship Asterisk* who are curious about my work may contact me by PM.

I am not here to engage in curt debate on materials and methods but rather simply providing possible supportive evidence for advancements in astronomy via the exploitation of the possible unknown data contained within the photon with Photonic crystals