APOD: Gravity's Grin (2015 Nov 27)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
Diocoles

Re: APOD: Gravity's Grin (2015 Nov 27)

Post by Diocoles » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:48 am

If space is being created constantly, then the space for expansion is expanding equally in all directions.

Does the amount of Xray radiation in the "smiley face" indicate their could be no life in that region or is it possible life could be protected by the individual suns or atmospheres?

And if space is being created constantly, what's to say we aren't receiving/creating more matter as well?

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:52 pm

Diocoles wrote:If space is being created constantly, then the space for expansion is expanding equally in all directions.
The expansion of spacetime does not necessitate the creation of space. Indeed, you need to formally define what you even mean by "creating space" before you can really discuss this.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

epitalon
Ensign

Post by epitalon » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Ann wrote:
epitalon wrote:
Do we happen see many streams of galaxy that are not aligned with our's ?
To me, the most interresting point is : Is our galaxy the center of the universe ?
We humans are at the center of our own universe. From our own vantage point, everything seems to point in our direction.
Ann
Thanks Ann for your answer.
I was believing that all filaments were radiating from our position. Now, I understand that filaments are seen pointing in any direction...