APOD: The Mysterious Voynich Manuscript (2010 Jan 31)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
feliponcho
Asternaut

Re: The Mysterious Voynich Manuscript (2010 Jan 31)

Post by feliponcho » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:11 pm

I'm also with the Leondardo DaVinci theory. Last week my wife and I solved a Vitruvian Man puzzle and it was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the Voynich Manuscript. It would be great if someone could use a graphology software to compare both scripting styles. But well, I think someone has already done so.

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Homer Simpson - Vitruvian Man
A comical representation of Leonardo Da Vinci's vitruvian man shows Homer Simpson against the background of a giant doughnut. The items in his four hands are a television remote, a can of Duff beer, a hotdog and an iced dessert.

Cozmonott
Asternaut

Post by Cozmonott » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:13 pm

geckzilla wrote:Perhaps you could take it to church and see if anyone else comes up with the same translation before you tell them your translation.

that's very thoughtful of you dear friend but do u really think if you found someone who could read this would translate it for you? :? I need archeologists, letters experts to discuss with and I'm sure they exist only in movies 8-) hope I'll find someone I'll search thanks peace :idea:

CommanderCosmosLogos
Asternaut

Post by CommanderCosmosLogos » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:12 am

The True Interpretation of the Mysterious Voynich Manuscript

The Sun in the picture is Melvin M. Lusterio, the Sun of Righteousness, to be united with the stars, the holy angels and saints in USA. Amen! Alleluia!
*******Good Wisdom 8-)

rstevenson
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Post by rstevenson » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:03 pm

:facepalm:

Rob

Rieven
Asternaut

Post by Rieven » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:27 am

I don't think it's a hoax. It looks like the person that drew it, is also trying to explain it, like scientist when they making an atricle, they explain their graphs. First of all the core of picture is the face in the middle. I think he start drawing that first. So It might be a God. Someone you draw fisrt, someone important to you. It looks like he drew rays of light around the circle with the face. God is light...Then you have the stars and circle's around it that represents the universe. So the creator of the universe.

stevenson.ben@hotmail.co.uk

Post by stevenson.ben@hotmail.co.uk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:57 pm

I apologise in advance if i am wasting your time but i have a very over active imagination and i had a thought. Has anyone tried mirrors to help?

I am sorry if i come across a bit thick. I am far from a genius or an astrominer. Just taking a massive interest.

wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

Post by wonderboy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:01 am

Don't apologise. State your views and get on with it. This manuscript is what brought me here to this site aswell. Enjoy it, its quite fun actually and its a place where over active imaginations thrive.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:10 pm

knalty brings up good points for it being the work of a young leonardo... perhaps it is like a work book for his early studies as we would have to do studies in schools today... though i think the mirror images would drive his tutors mad, we do know he had private tutors. his tutors would probably have him write down things concerning his geneology and astrologically significant things of the times. certainly interesting thoughts.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:01 am

it's a fantasy

PAH
Asternaut

Post by PAH » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm

http://www.voynichmanuscript.co.uk

A link to a new theory for your interest,

regards.
P.Han

AzAtti2d

Post by AzAtti2d » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:17 pm

I am going to guess that this manuscript is actually what today is referred to as a "Book of Shadows" that once belonged to a Witch, coven or Magician. The picture is quite obviously a calender of sorts with 12 divisions, each divided into night and day, and likely had something to do with some type of magickal working. This, I realize, is highly speculative on my part since no one has yet decoded the script, but that only supports my assumption as these collections were, and still are, sometimes written in ones own personally devised code to keep this knowledge secret from those who might use it to put a "hex" on the owner, or use it to prove that some form of Witchcraft crime had been committed by the author.

Robert L.Grisham

Post by Robert L.Grisham » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:56 pm

The manuscript is a time clock /It gives the movement of the heavens in realations to the human race.
points to the future from the area it was written.
The creator of this was more than likely ,very clost to our Bible knowledge of God and the movement of the
races upon the earth's surface.
my book The Hammer And nail/ Gives a insight into this information also.
Truly.
Robert L.Grisham/04/23/10

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Post by BMAONE23 » Mon May 10, 2010 4:44 pm

For those that are interested, Here is the entire manuscript in digital scan care of Yale University

Andregoto

Post by Andregoto » Mon May 17, 2010 12:29 pm

There are not natural words in the ms., it is a ciphered code, and maybe the key is round the zodiac circles in the equivalence betwen the "words" and the signs. In other terms, they key must be in the book. It is possible that the key changes, you can see for example the page 55r, the petals of the flowers that are painted in blue rotate in clockwise in the next flowers, like a puzzle of club Mensa :wink:
¿Is there a reward for more information? Time is gold! and sorry for my English.

wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

Post by wonderboy » Sun May 23, 2010 2:23 pm

I'm just plain confused andregoto :( sorry my friend.

Paul
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?

Andregoto

Post by Andregoto » Sun May 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Paul, don´t you see the petals in blue rotating like the hands of a clock? (sorry, my english is not bad, it is worse :)
http://130.132.81.65/VOYNICHIMG/size4/D0016/1006182.jpg

marivic45
Asternaut

Post by marivic45 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:44 am

Honestly speaking, I don't have any idea about that Voynich Manuscript but my mother always told me how mystery that manuscript is. She told me that Voynich Manuscript is considered to be 'The Most Mysterious Manuscript in the World'. To this day this medieval artifact resists all efforts at translation. It is either an ingenious hoax or an unbreakable cipher.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:48 pm

BMAONE23 -- Your link to Yale's Digital Scan is an Empty Page! It also says it was made today.
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:53 am

You can get to it from here: http://beinecke.library.yale.edu/digita ... ynich.html.

Don't know why BMAONE23's link didn't work. It's exactly where you end up by clicking through.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:37 pm

When i click the link BMAONE23 gave for digital scan, i get a blank Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript library page that says -- Your Query encountered the following error: Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflick with one another.

When i click on Andregoto's link, i can see the blue petals that He speaks of.

When i click on bystander's link, i get a plant with funny looking green leaves with a stem in the middle that looks like it has seed pods on it.

When i put together all the different things that people see in the Manuscript, it would seem as though someone back then put together a refference concerning all the things that interacted with humans back then and how humans interacted with all the things.

Could it possibly be a simple version of a theory of everything for back then, as they understood things?
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:27 pm

The link I gave above is just a starting point. At both top (left of the search bar) and bottom (below the picture) of that page there is a link See all images. At the top of that page (above the picture) is a link Show all images in this set, which is the link BMAONE23 gave. Start at the beginning and click trough.

jonjon

Re: APOD: The Mysterious Voynich Manuscript (2010 Jan 31)

Post by jonjon » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:59 am

i am not profesional in this field by any strach of the imagininasion but from what i have sean i belive it is a clock of some sort, a calinder if you will, there are 12 red out shootings of the sun and 24 divisions befor the 3 rings of text the 24 devisins gor from stared to text in alternating patern 12 hours of stars ans 12 ours of light hoe evere this is basing it of of a modern calender. but the language on the papper what ever it may bee, isn't a symble based language so it shouldn't pre-date bask language, the document should be fairly reacent.

again no expert but these are my impretions

humming bird

Post by humming bird » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:10 am

The manuscript has a re occurring reference to the phi ratio- mainly in the art work i.e. count the number of maidens or the angle of the branches etc of the plants depicted, the script is very similar to Georgian script and some of the art work has georgian letters in outline for example the letter 'jhan' in a solar depiction. what the text says I don't know but it is obviously of an alchemical ilk. To decipher the text an historical knowledge of old alchemy is required. specifically "Georgian - alchemy".

Factor-H

Post by Factor-H » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Consider this:
Books were VERY valued. Even when uninteresting.
There are, naturally some fakes known.
Ergo....

By the time, what where the most "interesting" talks on "new" knowlwdge?
Most interesting where storiies about animals and plants, or how the skyes where diferent.

A frequent characteristic of humans, is to make squematics.
You see those on every "knowledge" system. Take the Cabalistic tree of Life, for example.

However, if a youngster creates a lot of squematics, maybe based on what he sees, specially if it's role is to copy (create copies) books (and that would be a very profitable task by the time)... why not create his own? Or someone asking to build one? The "copier" machine (herr... person) does not even know how to write, but has a good wrinting hand.

I guess that is the story of the Manuscript. And finding it's way into the emperors library is a good clue on the monetary value of a forgery.

This certainly takes the magic away from it... but isn't it more racional? And there are so many examples of, this time, true interesting findigs that are simply hidden in museums or even destroied because they "do not fit" in the sintetic history made by historians... take egiptology as a perfect example. Old references state the existence of old civilizations BEFORE the diluvium... but they are considered mythical (as the city of Troy) because Aristoteles liked to oppose to Plato... so every construction found to be older is "corrected" to a more acceptable time frame.

Do not Egiptologists oppose to old texts, and to geologists, when these disrupt the "historians" constructions?
Is it not true that Metal ages present the same ratio betwen themselfs than the resistance to oxidation of those matherials?
Is it not true that a polished stone is only the attempt to reuse a better fractured stone (this one very sharp)?
Is it not true that the Great Piramids do not present the charactheristics of the Egiptian civ. and are stated to be there before them?

Naturaly this is a very interesting world... It is just a shame that humans like so much to have everything ordered like in a spreadsheet.
I suppose that is the magic of the Voynish manuscript. It does not fit... but does not disturb no static constructions of "experts".
It certainly is no Egiptian!

Factor-H.net