APOD: Wringing a Wet Towel in Orbit (2013 Apr 24)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Re: APOD: Wringing a Wet Towel in Orbit (2013 Apr 24)

Post by neufer » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:00 pm

DavidLeodis wrote:
The wiring on the International Space Station does look 'untidy'.
I hope nobody gets caught in it but I wonder what would happen if they do :?:.

I presume it is possible to be strangled in weightlessness.
Well, if that were to happen, at least the bodily fluids would remain with the remains.
Art Neuendorffer

stephen63
Science Officer

Post by stephen63 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:00 pm

neufer wrote: Well, if that were to happen, at least the bodily fluids would remain with the remains.
Click to play embedded YouTube video.

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Any resemblance between Sterling Hayden & myself is purely coincidental.
Art Neuendorffer

ErnieM
Science Officer

Post by ErnieM » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:24 pm

rstevenson wrote:
Whiskybreath wrote:Canadians in space? Whatever next? :D
You are apparently unaware that we control the world.

Rob
Here is more about "The Man Who Tweetted Earth" Chris Hadfield answers questions during a news conference.
Photo: THE CANADIAN PRESS/Paul Chiasson
"Chris Hadfield is making us love space again.

He tweets, snaps stunning photos, and regularly connects with folks back home as he hurtles around the earth at 28,000 km an hour aboard the International Space Station.

Hadfield is the first Canadian commander ever of one of the most complex and sophisticated examples of human technology ever built.

Bigger than five hockey rinks, the ISS is a giant floating laboratory that’s been orbiting the earth non-stop for 15 years. From the ground, it looks like an incredibly bright, fast moving star. But this fixture in the sky has been a mystery to many - until now.

Most of us can only imagine what the astronauts aboard have experienced. The distance has made it seem unknowable.

But last December that all changed. From the moment Hadfield arrived at the ISS for a 5 month mission, he transformed the way we connect to space

Millions are following his every move. His YouTube videos go viral. The Queen and Captain Kirk send him messages.

His folksy Renaissance man shoutouts have given this mission an unprecedented profile. And move over David Bowie – Hadfield’s wry takes on the mundane to the amazing have made him a rock star in space.

To watch the film http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/episod ... earth.html"

To watch more of his space photo http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04/25 ... 54722.html

Ernie
another proud fellow Canadian

Chappy
Ensign

Post by Chappy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:38 am

I would not have guessed that would've happened, I thought droplets would fly away in all directions. A very cool experiment girls, congrats on suggesting it!
The wicking shown in the coffee clip is also very informative as I've often wondered how fuel in solid tanks behaved in zero G.
As a bunch here are, I am also a very proud Canuck from the Province with the longest single word name!
Shout out to all the other Canucks here

Dave