APOD: From the Northern to the Southern Cross (2014 Jan 27)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
Anthony Barreiro
Turtles all the way down

Re: APOD: From the Northern to the Southern Cross (2014 Jan

Post by Anthony Barreiro » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:57 pm

wsr wrote:
Anthony Barreiro wrote:(Discussion of the orientation of the milky way as seen from this location.)
Thanks. You have the advantage of actually having seen this part of the sky. I'm looking at planetarium software and mentally translating. The sky is seaish, computer screens are riverish.
FTFY
Except that's not what I wrote. I don't appreciate being misquoted, especially when the changes are awkward neologisms.
May all beings be happy, peaceful, and free.

Nitpicker
Inverse Square

Re: APOD: From the Northern to the Southern Cross (2014 Jan

Post by Nitpicker » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:08 am

Anthony Barreiro wrote:
wsr wrote:
Anthony Barreiro wrote:(Discussion of the orientation of the milky way as seen from this location.)
Thanks. You have the advantage of actually having seen this part of the sky. I'm looking at planetarium software and mentally translating. The sky is seaish, computer screens are riverish.
FTFY
Except that's not what I wrote. I don't appreciate being misquoted, especially when the changes are awkward neologisms.
It's hard to tell through all the bong smoke coming from wsr's direction, but it is just as likely wsr is having a go at me, for excessively nitpicking your comments. Either way, sorry about that Anthony.