APOD: Orion Over and Under Tibet (2015 Oct 05)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
jfgout
Ensign

Re: APOD: Orion Over and Under Tibet (2015 Oct 05)

Post by jfgout » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:33 pm

Jeff Dai wrote:Hi,

Yes the best way is sending RAW to all, But it's a pity that i'am traveling at Tibet now, i can't offer at this moment.
For the startrails in the water. As you know Orion always comes up sideways(azimuth is close to 90 degree). That means the left in the water is nearly vertical and right is slant.

By the way, I don't care too much about every people believe or not. Maybe i need proud of myself, as i can do the impossible of some clever guys.

Best regards,
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I was wondering if you were back from your trip to Tibet and if there was any chance you would share your RAW image? Not only this would end the discussion once and for all, but it would also be interesting to see what the RAW looks like (I imagine there is some level of post-processing and I'd be curious to see what the RAW out of the camera looks like).

Thanks,

jf

Jeff Dai
Ensign

Post by Jeff Dai » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:02 am

Dear all,

The photo below is the RAW image without any cooking, I used a modified DSLR and the light pollution filter to increase the nebulosity contrast. Photo processing of this photo is challenging, it took me a longtime to bridle this rebellious colors.

The RAW image can be dowload at this link, The image is copyright. please don't share with others, Thank you very much.
http://yunpan.cn/cFtEnuuJPLDti Password: bdaa

Best Regars,
Jeff

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:19 am

Hey Jeff, I'm not sure what's up with your link but first, this is a public forum so anyone can see your link and password. Second, I can't download it. It might be blocked from users outside of China, not sure. You could just post a JPEG if you want, I don't think people need the real RAW file, they just want to see it without the post-processing.

It's a great photo even without the editing. I like how dark the land is.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

Jeff Dai
Ensign

Post by Jeff Dai » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:52 am

geckzilla wrote:Hey Jeff, I'm not sure what's up with your link but first, this is a public forum so anyone can see your link and password. Second, I can't download it. It might be blocked from users outside of China, not sure. You could just post a JPEG if you want, I don't think people need the real RAW file, they just want to see it without the post-processing.

It's a great photo even without the editing. I like how dark the land is.
Hi geckzilla,

Thank you very much for your attention.
I just creat another download link:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dDsdyX7 Password:ubhy

jfgout
Ensign

Post by jfgout » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:21 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing Jeff! I'm really impressed by how good the RAW image is. No need for much processing in the end. This is really impressive.
And now there is no more doubt possible, this is a real single-exposure image with no cheating whatsoever.

BTW, the first link worked fine for me.

jf