APOD Poll: April 11-17 (Vote for the APOD of the Week!)

See new, spectacular, or mysterious sky images.

APOD Poll: Best APOD (image and text) of April 11-17

Poll ended at Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:43 am

Mercury and Venus Over Paris
14%
Unusual Spiral Galaxy M66 from Hubble
25%
A Large Space Station Over Earth
18%
NGC 4651: The Umbrella Galaxy
20%
Bright Points on the Quiet Sun
22%

Total votes: 851

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

APOD Poll: April 11-17 (Vote for the APOD of the Week!)

Post by owlice » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:43 am

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please cast your vote for the best APOD (image and text) of the week for April 11-17.
(Repeated APODs are not included in the poll.)

All images are clickable and link to the original APOD page.

Thank you!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mercury and Venus Over Paris, April 12

Unusual Spiral Galaxy M66 from Hubble, April 13

A Large Space Station Over Earth, April 14

NGC 4651: The Umbrella Galaxy, April 15

Bright Points on the Quiet Sun, April 16
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Re: APOD Poll: April 11-17 (Vote for the APOD of the Week!)

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 pm

I just wanted to say that regardless of your APOD of the week vote, all of your picture are just great. I don't own a telescope however I would like to own one someday, these APODs provides me and I am sure others the oppertunity to look into space I or they would not otherwise have. This site is phenomenal it provides a service for people that don't have a telescope or the time to view the heavens. Plus the eduction, the description of what the picture is all about is just plane and simple quite awesome. So I for one apperciate this site and want to thank all for service and what you do to bring these APODs to us everyday. Thanks so much. Johnny Fife Houston, Texas

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Ditto!!! Great, great work on this site. And I use the Dashboard widget for Mac OS X, too.
Guest wrote:I just wanted to say that regardless of your APOD of the week vote, all of your picture are just great. I don't own a telescope however I would like to own one someday, these APODs provides me and I am sure others the oppertunity to look into space I or they would not otherwise have. This site is phenomenal it provides a service for people that don't have a telescope or the time to view the heavens. Plus the eduction, the description of what the picture is all about is just plane and simple quite awesome. So I for one apperciate this site and want to thank all for service and what you do to bring these APODs to us everyday. Thanks so much. Johnny Fife Houston, Texas

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:52 pm

I love pictures of the earth from "above" and also great photos of places here on earth - the Paris shot is lovely. And all the heavens !!! It was hard to pick just one. Keep them coming.

biddie67
Science Officer

Post by biddie67 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:56 pm

Each picture has something special about it - so hard to choose a "best" favorite ..... I love the range of topics ....

toneswood

Post by toneswood » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:45 pm

Each of these images could get my vote for different reasons. Some are spectacular, some are only possible with the best equipment, some are excellent efforts by amateurs. I tend to like it best when I learn something new and interesting or creative. APOD has been my browser home page since 1996, and will likely always remain so.

Shuttle Spy

Post by Shuttle Spy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:34 pm

I was lucky to find this website recently and I visit it repeatedly during the days. These pictures put everything in perspective a grand wonderful perspective.

scottjsw

Post by scottjsw » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:31 am

I've been watching the site since 1996. This is what the internet was made for. Thank you.

wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

Post by wonderboy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:14 am

I like them all, but the ISS does it for me.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?

Aryl

Post by Aryl » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:04 pm

I'm with the Texan, I know virtually nothing about any of this except what I learn from APOD. Every day I turn on my computer I have something to look forward to to gawp at in amazement and awe. Thank you very much and keep up the good work.

Anomaly

Post by Anomaly » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Been following APOD since mid 90s, hard to pick favorite from this list. I chose the umbrella galaxy, rather we not forget the destructive powers in space around us.
Favorite apod is http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap090524.html <-- the Carina Nebula in all its beauty!

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Post by owlice » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Thank you for voting! Polling for the APODs of April 11-17 is now closed; as you can see, Spiral Galaxy M66 was voted the best APOD for April 11-17.

Should you feel like visiting another polling booth, the poll for last week's APODs (April 18-24) is now available.