APOD: The View from Chajnantor (2011 Nov 23)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
alphachap
Ensign

Re: APOD: The View from Chajnantor (2011 Nov 23)

Post by alphachap » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:27 am

neufer wrote:
Beyond wrote:
Hey! A pre-StarTrek Wesley in a black shirt -standing by- the singer. Last i saw of him, i think he was about to find out how to travel without a space-ship, like the "Traveler" from Tau-Alpha (something) does.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wil_Wheaton wrote: <<Richard William "Wil" Wheaton III (born July 29, 1972) is an American actor and writer.

Wheaton made his acting debut in the 1981 TV film A Long Way Home, and his first cinema role was as Martin Brisby in the 1982 animated film The Secret of NIMH. He had a minor role in the 1984 movie The Last Starfighter. He first gained widespread attention in 1986 as Gordie Lachance in Stand by Me, the film adaptation of Stephen King's The Body.

From 1987 to 1990, he appeared in the role of Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: The Next Generation throughout its first four seasons. Although his Star Trek character, and by extension Wheaton himself, was disliked by a vocal group of Trekkies during TNG's first run, he commented about his critics in an interview for WebTalk Radio:

"Later, I determined that the people who were really, really cruellike the Usenet weeniesreally are a statistically insignificant number of people. And I know, just over the years from people who've e-mailed me at my web site and people who I've talked to since I started going to Star Trek conventions again in the last five years, that there are so many more people who really enjoyed everything about the show, including my performance, including the character."

Wheaton's Law: "Don't Be a Dick!"

Wheaton's Law Revised is an expansion by comics artist and writer Bill Willingham,
which states: "Don't be a dick, but it's okay to play one on TV.">>
He now has a very unpleasant role in "The Big Bang Theory" sitcom.

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Re: APOD: The View from Chajnantor (2011 Nov 23)

Post by neufer » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:50 pm

alphachap wrote:
neufer wrote:
<<Richard William "Wil" Wheaton III (born July 29, 1972) is an American actor and writer.

Wheaton's Law: "Don't Be a Dick!"

Wheaton's Law Revised is an expansion by comics artist and writer Bill Willingham,
which states: "Don't be a dick, but it's okay to play one on TV.">>
He now has a very unpleasant role in "The Big Bang Theory" sitcom.
Himself: Dick William "Wil" Wheaton III :?:
Art Neuendorffer