APOD: Clouds, Birds, Moon, Venus (2010 Sep 15)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
Céline Richard
Science Officer

Re: APOD: Clouds, Birds, Moon, Venus (2010 Sep 15)

Post by Céline Richard » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi Owlice, I enjoyed writing this poem, and i love Neruda since i bought his book: "Nuevas odas elementales, Tercer libro de las odas" (I discover Neruda with this one).
Above all, i am happy you like it :D
Thank you a lot for "Puedo escribir los versos mas tristes esta noche"!! I don't have it in my little book, but i have found it in the Internet. Love appears to be so sad, but also so wonderful in this poem :)
Have a very nice day!
"The cure for all the sickness and mistakes, for all the concerns and the sorrow and the crimes of the humanity, lies in the word "Love". It is the divine vitality which from everywhere makes and restores the life". Lydia Maria Child

grump
Ensign

Post by grump » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:10 am

grump wrote:Dare I say photochop? At sunset the camera would have to be pointing south to capture the sunlight on the clouds like that. Therefore the moon as shown would be low in the southern sky. I did not think Spain was so far north of the equator that a setting moon would be only a few degrees off the southern horizon.
A few years later - I take it back. I have seen the moon very much like that from beach in Fort Walton, Florida in October(a long way from home I must say).

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:51 am

It is said that travel broadens the mind.
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.