This Old Planet!

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
orin stepanek
Plutopian

This Old Planet!

Post by orin stepanek » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:45 pm

:shock: I didn't know if my museing was worthy of the cafe so I put it here!This Old Planet has been through a lot; It is not doing very well right now! We have terrible fires; floods; hurricanes; tornados; global warming! Also; pollution; pollution; pollution! We may not be able to repair all; but maybe get some! Like the plastic islands in the Pacific; I think that Is fixable! Let us start preventing oil contamination! We can't fix everything; and I know some are trying! But it is our home and there is no place else to go! If we were immortal; maybe we would be more concerned; but most have new generations; and they don't have any place to go! I know, It's been said before; but it needs to be said a lot of more times; it is everybody's job!
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Re: This Old Planet!

Post by Chris Peterson » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:06 pm

orin stepanek wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:45 pm :shock: I didn't know if my museing was worthy of the cafe so I put it here!This Old Planet has been through a lot; It is not doing very well right now! We have terrible fires; floods; hurricanes; tornados; global warming! Also; pollution; pollution; pollution! We may not be able to repair all; but maybe get some! Like the plastic islands in the Pacific; I think that Is fixable! Let us start preventing oil contamination! We can't fix everything; and I know some are trying! But it is our home and there is no place else to go! If we were immortal; maybe we would be more concerned; but most have new generations; and they don't have any place to go! I know, It's been said before; but it needs to be said a lot of more times; it is everybody's job!
This Old Planet is doing fine. Always has, always will. It's just preparing to settle into a new norm, one with a lot of evolutionary niches opened up, and no technological species in the way to interfere.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:23 pm

OK; I trust your input!
Orin

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:08 pm

I do trust Chris' reply as he does a good job here! However I believe it is shameful; that mankind don't do a better job of taking care of his planet!
Orin

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:14 pm

orin stepanek wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:08 pm I do trust Chris' reply as he does a good job here! However I believe it is shameful; that mankind don't do a better job of taking care of his planet!
It is. But the planet doesn't care. It's always going to win in the end. If we don't take care of it, it will simply shift to some new version that isn't hospitable to us. Not taking care of the planet is just not taking care of ourselves.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:25 am

John Done wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:38 pm The end of the world may not come - but it is difficult not to admit that every year the situation is becoming more difficult. Without decisive action by 2050, the entire planet will feel the effects of climate change. If over the next 30 years we do not take measures to slow down the climate catastrophe, then our planet will warm up by 3 ° C. This may sound like a very insignificant circumstance - but it is precisely this that can change the condition, at least in the form in which we know it. But they warn us about it every year, that the next year is the last one and armageddon is coming. Do you remember that last one that happened in 2012?
Kinda wish that cold sun mini Ice age would have came; might have extended the inevitable a few years! :?
Orin