garden

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
orin stepanek
Plutopian

Re: garden

Post by orin stepanek » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:14 pm

KayBur wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:40 am
orin stepanek wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:21 pm No garden this year; too much work for me! My son wants one; but if he does; he has to do it on his own! 😢 260899831.jpg
b8bdf6fd39f4a2c37223e4a1d1bcf1fa.jpg
Well, if you want to get a harvest, you need to make an effort. If you do not have the time and desire to do this, then there is even no point in starting to do it.
I had a garden since I can remember! Always had tomatoes; lots of them; blanched, bagged, and froze them! Had tomatoes all year round! :D I love gardens! when I was a kid my dad had a huge garden! When I got married; I had to have a garden! Not much space but we made it work! :wink:
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:09 pm

orin stepanek wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:14 pm
orin stepanek wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:21 pm No garden this year; too much work for me! My son wants one; but if he does; he has to do it on his own! 😢 260899831.jpg
b8bdf6fd39f4a2c37223e4a1d1bcf1fa.jpg
Well, if you want to get a harvest, you need to make an effort. If you do not have the time and desire to do this, then there is even no point in starting to do it.
I had a garden since I can remember! Always had tomatoes; lots of them; blanched, bagged, and froze them! Had tomatoes all year round! :D I love gardens! when I was a kid my dad had a huge garden! When I got married; I had to have a garden! Not much space but we made it work! :wink:
You're excused, Orin. Do tell your son that he should plant your garden and tend it for you!

By the way, I loved your pictures! :D 🍅🥒🌽🥕

Ann
Color Commentator

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:26 pm

Ann wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:09 pm
orin stepanek wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:14 pm

You're excused, Orin. Do tell your son that he should plant your garden and tend it for you!

By the way, I loved your pictures! :D 🍅🥒🌽🥕

Ann
10Q Ann
Thank you Ann🤩
Orin

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:40 pm

The garden belongs to my son now, but so far the weather isn't cooperating! It,s so cold and wet! It is supposed to snow today! :cry: I think all he wants is a few tomatoes and peppers!
Orin

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:49 pm

orin stepanek wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:40 pm The garden belongs to my son now, but so far the weather isn't cooperating! It,s so cold and wet! It is supposed to snow today! :cry: I think all he wants is a few tomatoes and peppers!
Sorry to hear that, Orin. 😥

Cherry tree by the pond April 2021.jpg

The picture shows the cherry tree by the pond near our largest library. The tree is in bloom now, and some willow trees in the background are all green.

It's been warm-ish here for a few days, but the wind has been kind of cold. Today was nice, however, in spite of the wind, and the temperature climbed to 18 ℃. I guess that's the high 60s Fahrenheit.

The weather here has been dry, and we've really had far too little rain. But on Wednesday the weather is going to change, temperatures will plummet to, I guess, the low 40s Fahrenheit, and it will rain. The rain is not so bad, all things considered.

Yes, but on Wednesday I'm going to get my first shot of Covid vaccine, and I'll have to dress kind of lightly, so that the nurse can quickly "find the bare skin of my arm"! And I will have to stand in line outside, in the wind and the rain and the cold weather, waiting to get in to get my shot!

I feel cold already thinking about it!

Ann
Color Commentator

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:04 pm

Ann wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:49 pm

The picture shows the cherry tree by the pond near our largest library. The tree is in bloom now, and some willow trees in the background are all green.

It's been warm-ish here for a few days, but the wind has been kind of cold. Today was nice, however, in spite of the wind, and the temperature climbed to 18 ℃. I guess that's the high 60s Fahrenheit.

The weather here has been dry, and we've really had far too little rain. But on Wednesday the weather is going to change, temperatures will plummet to, I guess, the low 40s Fahrenheit, and it will rain. The rain is not so bad, all things considered.

Yes, but on Wednesday I'm going to get my first shot of Covid vaccine, and I'll have to dress kind of lightly, so that the nurse can quickly "find the bare skin of my arm"! And I will have to stand in line outside, in the wind and the rain and the cold weather, waiting to get in to get my shot!

Ann
You should dress warm anyway! You can always take a coat off quickly for the shot! It was cold when we got ours! Good luck!
Orin

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:23 am

orin stepanek wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:04 pm
Ann wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:49 pm

Ann
You should dress warm anyway! You can always take a coat off quickly for the shot! It was cold when we got ours! Good luck!
Well, the weather was all right for vaccinations. It wasn't too cold or windy, and we got no rain. Lucky for me. Bad for this dry region.

Ann
Color Commentator

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:44 pm

My son's garden is doing great, got tomatoes coming out of our ears! :mrgreen: I planted four cucumber plants and I cant eat them fast enough!😂 My Morning Glories are starting to get some buds on them! I might get my fence line glories yet!😉 🌺
Orin

patsy3523
Asternaut

Post by patsy3523 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:12 pm

It's great to hear about your gardening experiences! Gardens can indeed be a lot of work, but the rewards are worth it. Having fresh homegrown tomatoes all year round sounds fantastic. It's clear that you have a deep love for gardening, and it's a wonderful way to connect with nature and enjoy the fruits of your labor.