How’s your day?

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
emc
Equine Locutionist
AKA: Bear

Re: How’s your day?

Post by emc » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:21 pm

orin stepanek wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:26 pm
emc wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:01 am Good to be back and nice to hear from you bystander!

Thanks for not bystanding 😀
I was hoping you'd stay!
All these years and i just noticed something that was always there! emc-- like in e=mcsquared! :mrgreen:
Hi Orin, I’m back but not sure how long. I’m hoping to catch up with my APOD friends. It’s been a while and I feel the need to explain why… I first left because I started a bipolar manic episode while posting and needed to stop. I came back in 2021 during another episode and started having suicidal thoughts so had to stop again. I’ve been stable for a while now and feeling good and strong enough to sufficiently embarrass myself again. I hope you’ll forgive me for popping in and out like that. I’d been told to stay away but I miss y’all… and it’s a mostly free forum except for those pesky moderators…
Ed
Casting Art to the Net
Sometimes the best path is a new one.

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:37 pm

emc wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:21 pm
emc wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:01 am Good to be back and nice to hear from you bystander!

Thanks for not bystanding 😀
I was hoping you'd stay!
All these years and i just noticed something that was always there! emc-- like in e=mcsquared! :mrgreen:
Hi Orin, I’m back but not sure how long. I’m hoping to catch up with my APOD friends. It’s been a while and I feel the need to explain why… I first left because I started a bipolar manic episode while posting and needed to stop. I came back in 2021 during another episode and started having suicidal thoughts so had to stop again. I’ve been stable for a while now and feeling good and strong enough to sufficiently embarrass myself again. I hope you’ll forgive me for popping in and out like that. I’d been told to stay away but I miss y’all… and it’s a mostly free forum except for those pesky moderators…
Hi Ed; I missed your posts! I'm going through rehab myself; it's funny;( but no so funny) how the body wants to quit on me! Stay as long as you can; but take care of yourself! I'll always care of you! Your friend always.😍
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

emc
Equine Locutionist

Post by emc » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:08 pm

orin stepanek wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:37 pm
emc wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:21 pm

I was hoping you'd stay!
Hi Ed; I missed your posts! I'm going through rehab myself; it's funny;( but no so funny) how the body wants to quit on me! Stay as long as you can; but take care of yourself! I'll always care of you! Your friend always.😍
Thanks Orin! I’m ready for that wheelbarrow ride to Pluto. I love you too! Good luck with rehab! I hope you’re better soon.

Your friend to infinity and beyond
Ed
Casting Art to the Net

emc
Equine Locutionist

Post by emc » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:54 pm

owlice wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:08 pm BMAONE23, yikes!! I hope the year improves greatly for you!!!

Orca, maybe you need to switch to bikes and books! :shock:

Ed! It's possible to ride in the cold! I'm heading out in a few minutes for a ride, in fact, since we seem to have reached our high for the day (37°F).

I can generally ride down to about 32°, or even 30° if there's no wind; I could ride in colder weather if I had a suitable coat, but I don't, so I don't. (Maybe after I'm done paying for college tuition, I can justify buying a biking coat! And a new bike, for that matter.) I just layer up. After a couple of miles, three at the most, I'm warm and stay warm so long as I keep riding. There are advantages to riding in cold weather, such as not becoming human fly paper by having bugs stick to one's sweaty face. :mrgreen: Also, the trails are less crowded (but for even less crowded trails, ride in the cold after dark -- I often see no one for some miles on such rides), and getting sunburned and/or overheated is usually not a concern.

Maybe you can borrow a bike from someone to try it out for a bit? It's fun, you know!

My day has been pretty lazy so far, so I have to get laundry in and then get in a ride. After that, I'll make something to take to a potluck/games night at a friend's. A good day, in other words!
Hi Owlice, I bought a bicycle and rode it up my hill and decided to get a powered version. A 2019 Indian Chieftain Classic… it’s easier to get up the hill now!
Ed
Casting Art to the Net

Istiraut
Asternaut

Post by Istiraut » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:54 am

gonna visit my dentist today, so it could be better, haha.

p.s. hi everyone

emc
Equine Locutionist

Post by emc » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:17 am

Istiraut wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:54 am gonna visit my dentist today, so it could be better, haha.

p.s. hi everyone
Hi Istiraut, I look forward to my dental visits. Weird huh? :mrgreen:

Welcome to Starship Asterisk!
Ed
Casting Art to the Net