Let's say Merry Christmas to Orin, shall we?

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
Ann
4725 Å

Let's say Merry Christmas to Orin, shall we?

Post by Ann » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:13 am

Orin Stepanek has been one of the true mainstays of Starship Asterisk*. He joined on July 27, 2005, and he's been active up till now.

Or rather, he's been active up till December 2, 2023. Long absences are not like him. Normally, he has been faithfully submitting typically one post a day praising the Astronomy Picture of the Day. In other words, he has been a cheerful and friendly presence.

It took me a while to notice that he was gone, mostly because I myself have been less active commenting on the APOD. I know Orin was ill a while ago. I have been communicating with him a bit in the past, but I don't know his real address or anything. So I'm worried about him, but I don't know how to contact him.

But please, everybody, in case Orin is sick and can't communicate with us, can't we get together and send him a Christmas card, courtesy of Starship Asterisk*? He may or may not get it, but his wife might. Or his sons. In any case, let's say Merry Christmas to him, shall we?

I'll make a new post with some sort of "card" for Orin. How about you reply to it with a greeting to Orin and your names?

Ann
Color Commentator