Time

The cosmos at our fingertips.
FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:22 pm

GOD wrote:
Orca wrote:It would appear that the behavior of humans is limited in many ways by many factors.
This is because humans are on Earth to learn to evolve their souls. Each must decide to be either the type of individual that cares about and helps others more than themself, or to be the type that only cares about and helps themself. Once that decision has been made, you won't be as limited.
God before you start throwing religious terms around you have to translate the words, like soul.
We humans have a destiny that is far more involved than just one aspect such as how we treat others and ourselves; we are not limited yet others keep trying to box us in.

God, those BET’s (Bad Extraterrestrials)/fallen angels are here now, on and in the Earth, they are the ones that those out there did not want as neighbors. The damage in our solar systems is so apparent, evidence of weapons damage, the war out there is basically over, the losers were herded here and their attitude, mannerisms, behavior and sociology stands out like a sore thumb, as does those ones helping them, the traitors. We humans get the opportunity to observe our enemy a little more up close and personal now.
So “time” is on our side and short for them.

Time travel would be the ultimate weapon so I would conclude it’s not going to happen, you’re not going to get that technology.
Tic Toc

Orca
Commander

Post by Orca » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:31 pm

GOD wrote:This is because humans are on Earth to learn to evolve their souls. Each must decide to be either the type of individual that cares about and helps others more than themself, or to be the type that only cares about and helps themself. Once that decision has been made, you won't be as limited.
I agree that it is important for the growth...perhaps even the continued existence...of humanity to move beyond our current dog-eat-dog social/economic behavior. But I thought we were talking about physics...
FieryIce wrote:God, those BET’s (Bad Extraterrestrials)/fallen angels are here now, on and in the Earth, they are the ones that those out there did not want as neighbors. The damage in our solar systems is so apparent, evidence of weapons damage, the war out there is basically over, the losers were herded here and their attitude, mannerisms, behavior and sociology stands out like a sore thumb, as does those ones helping them, the traitors. We humans get the opportunity to observe our enemy a little more up close and personal now.
Huh?

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:47 pm

Huh?
:?:
Tic Toc

GOD
Ensign

Post by GOD » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:11 am

FieryIce wrote:God before you start throwing religious terms around you have to translate the words, like soul. We humans have a destiny that is far more involved than just one aspect such as how we treat others and ourselves; we are not limited yet others keep trying to box us in."
Orca wrote:I agree that it is important for the growth...perhaps even the continued existence...of humanity to move beyond our current dog-eat-dog social/economic behavior. But I thought we were talking about physics...
FieryIce: Everyone knows what a soul is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul
Actually, the destiny of humans doesn't go beyond the decision to choose between helping others or only yourself. Once that decision has been made, a soul incarnates into higher forms of life to continue evolving.

Orca: To put a soul in scientific terms, it's the body of an individual that's composed of particles that are smaller than humanity can currently see. Among the dark matter particles that aren't influenced by gravity (as opposed to those that are).
FieryIce wrote:God, those BET’s (Bad Extraterrestrials)/fallen angels are here now, on and in the Earth, they are the ones that those out there did not want as neighbors. The damage in our solar systems is so apparent, evidence of weapons damage, the war out there is basically over, the losers were herded here and their attitude, mannerisms, behavior and sociology stands out like a sore thumb, as does those ones helping them, the traitors. We humans get the opportunity to observe our enemy a little more up close and personal now.
FieryIce: No need to try to educate GOD -- I know. GOD permits both good ET's/angels and BET's/fallen angels to interact at an unconscious level with human beings to help humans more quickly decide whether to be either selfless or selfish.
Last edited by GOD on Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:18 am

interact at an unconscious level with human beings
Oh Gawd, what a bunch of hogwash.
ROFL :lol:

You do need to learn a thing or two.

I posted " translate the words, like soul" not look it up in wikipedia.
STDD
Tic Toc

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:00 pm

STDD = Same Tactics Different Day, right? See, CC, here is how do you learn acronyms, even when you do not want to, they find a way into your head.

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:58 pm

LOL, you mean find a way into your head makc.
I agree that it is important for the growth...perhaps even the continued existence...of humanity to move beyond our current dog-eat-dog social/economic behavior. But I thought we were talking about physics...
Orca, you are labelling the current dog-eat-dog social/economic behaviour on us humans. A closer examination in the field of sociology would show you that that statement is untrue. We humans have a natural tendency to excel at anything we attempt to do; one reason for this is our unique ability to combine our lateral thinking with linear thinking.

Those BET’s/fallen ones are here now with their minions so their behaviourisms have to be factored into the equation. Study impish/imp behaviour and you will discover they do not display a key human attribute such as self-sacrifice. Some impish ones have the mentality of a leach rather than of dog-eat-dog. So everything taught in sociology at university can be thrown out, it’s useless. The science of sociology is not accounting for who is who and separating out humanity from the mix, instead they label it all human.

It takes time and commitment to gather the pearls of truth out of all the clever deceptions and misdirection’s, is there anyone up to the call of challenge to discover just what the heck is going on.

Fascinating 8)
Tic Toc

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:54 am

Hello All

Interesting reading

Time acceleration hypothesis

http://academia.wikia.com/wiki/Time_acc ... hypothesis

Time, Clocks and Causality

http://www.quackgrass.com/time.html
Harry : Smile and live another day.

Orca
Commander

Post by Orca » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:08 pm

FieryIce wrote:
1. Orca, you are labelling the current dog-eat-dog social/economic behaviour on us humans. A closer examination in the field of sociology would show you that that statement is untrue.

2. Those BET’s/fallen ones are here now with their minions so their behaviourisms have to be factored into the equation. Study impish/imp behaviour and you will discover they do not display a key human attribute such as self-sacrifice. Some impish ones have the mentality of a leach rather than of dog-eat-dog. So everything taught in sociology at university can be thrown out, it’s useless. The science of sociology is not accounting for who is who and separating out humanity from the mix, instead they label it all human.
1. There are many examples of human behavior that are not dog-eat-dog in nature. This is the only reason I have any hope that we might change our behavior overall. However, at this point in our cultural and social development, dog-eat-dog is the norm.

The driving force of classical economics is self-motivation. The concept of "self" has no limit; thus, you get close to 50 million Americans without health care, pollutants poured in drinking water, leaded paint on children's toys, ect. In my opinion, without a major shift away from dog-eat-dog economics - aka classical economics - this sort of thing will never go away.

Outside the developed world there are still totalitarian dictatorships, human rights violations, extreme poverty, and other horrors those of us in the western world will never truly understand.

Anyway, this is what I meant by "dog eat dog." But this is all quite a tangent, as this is an astronomy board, so we should probably get back on target.

------

2. Fallen angels? ET visitors? As I say, I went out of the scope of this board to respond to your comments. May I suggest that "fallen angels" are also outside the scope of the board?

Dan Cordell wrote:
Taken from the thread, "The Rules: read these before posting"

2. All threads must be questions or comments on astronomy, preferably related to APOD (general questions are ok, but remember this is an APOD forum).

3. No threads about conspiracy theories, astrology, magic, abductions, UFO sightings, etc. I will delete any threads on these two subjects regardless of any replies. In particularly egregious cases, the thread starter will be banned. This is a scientific forum, if you want to talk about such subjects, there are many other message boards on the internet to post about such things.
I went on a tangent because the discussion simply touched on other areas. Science tends to do that...in fact I find it fascinating when physics, astronomy, history, and sociology collide. However, I will try and stay on target as well.

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:43 pm

It is out of the scope of "threads" being started, yet when the scope of the discussion leaves only the "forbidden" as the probable answer, , , , , , , , ,

Were you here for the Voynich Manuscript discussions? Now THAT was what opened up this board for APOD discussions.
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you." Will Rodgers 1938

Orca
Commander

Post by Orca » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:11 pm

craterchains wrote:
1. It is out of the scope of "threads" being started, yet when the scope of the discussion leaves only the "forbidden" as the probable answer, , , , , , , , ,

2. Were you here for the Voynich Manuscript discussions? Now THAT was what opened up this board for APOD discussions.
1. Well, I don't believe in censoring ideas. To be honest, I was rather hesitant to shake rules at anyone. But I did shake them at the mirror too. :P

As long as comments are constructive and (at least) loosely apply to the direction a thread has meandered, I don't see why the rules can't be bent slightly. The trouble begins when entire threads are perforated with pseudoscience to the point that there's no longer any constructive scientific debate.

2. Nope, I missed that. I am not familiar with the Voynich Manuscript. When I get a chance I'll fire up Wiki and take a look.

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Post by BMAONE23 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:20 pm

ORCA
HERE is the link to that thread. It is locked now but it was a long one

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:48 am

Hello BMAone23

Thank you for that link.

I knew it existed but never read comments about it.

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:36 pm

This is the:
Asterisk Cafe
Discuss anything NSL-related here. Or just order a Pan Galactic Gargle Latte.

Galactic Gargle, and Orca you say fallen angels/Et's are outside the scope of this board!
Oh gawd what a joke, rofl.
Tic Toc

Orca
Commander

Post by Orca » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:31 pm

FieryIce wrote:This is the:
Asterisk Cafe
Discuss anything NSL-related here. Or just order a Pan Galactic Gargle Latte.

Galactic Gargle, and Orca you say fallen angels/Et's are outside the scope of this board!
Oh gawd what a joke, rofl.
"Pan Galactic Gargle Latte" was in fact a joke; it's a reference to Douglas Adam's (fantastic) science fiction spoof, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. Since the scope of the board is Astronomy and related science, there are no doubt Adams fans among the contributing members.

Fallen Angels and ET visitors...these are jokes as well, you just don't seem to know it.

ZING!

:wink:

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:57 pm

Hello All

I think its about TIME I have a cup of coffee.

Its funny how a topic on time can bring out the coffee.

Orca
Commander

Post by Orca » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:31 am

harry wrote:Hello All

I think its about TIME I have a cup of coffee.

Its funny how a topic on time can bring out the coffee.
Harry: for me, time certainly appears to move more slowly without coffee...

8)

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:14 pm

People tend to make jokes of things they don’t understand.
Tic Toc

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:37 am

Hello All

Sometimes we need to joke and smile and smell the roses.

Hello Fieryice

Mate I think you maybe right.

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:37 pm

Then again, some tend to joke to be sarcastic and demeaning.
Tic Toc

Orca
Commander

Post by Orca » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:21 am

Or perhaps, when someone makes a light-hearted jab, someone else might not take it so seriously?

FireyIce, you can't expect talk of "angels" and "alien visitors" to be taken seriously on a science-based board. Someone is bound to make a...constructive comment. (Yep, another friendly jab). However, it was not my intention to insult your intelligence or piss you off. 8)

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:16 pm

Orca the discussion in the thread started by emc for the Feb 18/08 APOD, I quote:
It is very very very difficult not to imagine that there are at least a few earthlike planets out there with life somewhat similar to ours.
My response is:
It would be absurd and egotistic to think Earth is the only inhabited planet.
This applies to discussing other races and a scientific examination of who or what they are, from their behaviorisms to their biological makeup. Our distant ancestors recorded interactions with different ones with technology far beyond the technology of that time period. How many horses need to be choked with evidence before people see the writing on the wall.
Tic Toc

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:51 am

FieryIce wrote:...before people see the writing on the wall.
This one?

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:34 pm

No thank you makc, you can keep your religiosity.
Tic Toc

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:38 pm

FieryIce wrote:
It would be absurd and egotistic to think Earth is the only inhabited planet...
This applies to discussing other races and a scientific examination of who or what they are, from their behaviorisms to their biological makeup. Our distant ancestors recorded interactions with different ones with technology far beyond the technology of that time period. How many horses need to be choked with evidence before people see the writing on the wall.
While I agree that it borders on the absurd to assume that Earth is the only inhabited planet in the universe, it is equally absurd to assume that some alien intelligence has visited this small planet of an insignificant star in a backwater region of our galaxy within the racial memory of the reigning intelligent (?) species of that planet. The chances of that happening are infinitesimally small. The technological obstacles that would have to be overcome just to get here are astronomical. It is the stuff of science fiction. That is not to say it couldn't happen.

Of course there is the von Daniken theory that warring alien intelligences (???) (at least two) have visited our solar system. One of them was so smart they destroyed a decoy civilization on our fifth planet (asteroid belt) while their adversaries hid on Earth and Mars. They are probably the same ones who used projectile weapons to create crater chains on the Moon and Mercury for us to wonder about. Then of course there is Battlefield Earth and El Ron's followers.
Know the quiet place within your heart and touch the rainbow of possibility; be
alive to the gentle breeze of communication, and please stop being such a jerk.
— Garrison Keillor