how fast do we need to go

The cosmos at our fingertips.
craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:59 am

makc wrote:the fact that speed grows doesnt mean speed approaches infinity. it approaches the limit set forth by space geometry (that you are aware of).
Infinity?
Awareness?

:lol:
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you." Will Rodgers 1938

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:27 pm

Hello All

If its possible to go at the speed of light we need to look at a process that is able to push us to that speed.

See Z-pinch dynamics

http://lsl.postech.ac.kr/z-pinch_dynamics.htm
Harry : Smile and live another day.

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:36 pm

Light speed is only a reference point based on the known speed of light.
186 million miles per hour (mmph)
Why limit ourselves to just that speed?
Why not try to go much faster?

After all, that would be an OK speed to travel around our solar system, but not for inter star travel, and no way acceptable for going between galaxies.
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you." Will Rodgers 1938

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:42 pm

cc, the current "limit" is a consequence of our accepted definitions of "space" and "time", in a way. so, to go faster, all you need to do is to change these definitions.

kovil
Science Officer

Speed of Light = Ratio of Space to Time for Radiative Energy

Post by kovil » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:22 pm

To go a little bit out on a limb, I am willing to state the following:

Anything containing protons, because of Inertia/Momentum, can never go at the speed of light, or better to call that - the Ratio of Space to Time. Because the Space Field and the Time Field overlap to make the SpaceTime Field, the relationship of space to time in the spacetime field might be termed the Ratio of Space to Time, and that ratio of space to time is 300,000 km/sec , or the speed of light. (that's why the speed of light is what it is, it's the ratio that energy propagates thru the space field based on what the time field allows)

Time arrives as a subcomponent of Inertia, anything with Inertia must obey the rules imposed by Time. Protons contain the principle of Inertia/Momentum and so are subject to the rules imposed by Time.

What are the rules imposed by Inertia and Time;

Objects with Inertia require an energy input in order to accelerate. Energy is released when objects with momentum slow down.

Objects with Inertia cannot ever reach the speed of light, or travel at the Ratio of Space to Time.

Objects with Inertia are affected by the attraction of gravity.

Objects subjugated to the rules of Time can only move in a forward direction in Time. [protons cannot have a sum-over-histories dynamic like photons]

Objects subjugated to the rules of Time cannot have a faster than the Ratio of Space to Time awareness of the universe. [protons cannot be entangled like photons]

Objects subjugated to the rules of Time must have a constant identifiable location in the spacetime field. [protons cannot have a cloud of potentiality to their location, it must be discrete not fuzzy. Protons cannot quantum tunnel as electrons do]

As The Infinite (Energy) moves thru The Undivided (the Space Field), The Changeless (Inertia/Momentum - The Time Field) comes into the equation and sets the limits on how fast things can change.

facile, n'est-ce-pas?

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:18 am

Hello All

Kovil said
Anything containing protons, because of Inertia/Momentum, can never go at the speed of light, or better to call that - the Ratio of Space to Time. Because the Space Field and the Time Field overlap to make the SpaceTime Field, the relationship of space to time in the spacetime field might be termed the Ratio of Space to Time, and that ratio of space to time is 300,000 km/sec , or the speed of light. (that's why the speed of light is what it is, it's the ratio that energy propagates thru the space field based on what the time field allows)

Mate I love people to go out on a limb. What you say maybe right. But! for one thing.

What if we place the protons in a electro magnetic field drive isolating it from other matter thus eliminating inertia. Would this solve the problem.

Just thinking aloud. I maybe wrong. But! if I'm right the implications are huge in expaling the ongoing universe as a recycling universe.

M87's Energetic Jet
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap011101.html

Magnetic cocoons power energetic cosmic rays

http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn12818
Vast magnetic cocoons associated with galaxies whose black holes have stopped eating may be responsible for accelerating charged particles called cosmic rays to within a whisker of the speed of light.

It could explain one of the great mysteries of astrophysics – how enormously energetic cosmic rays make it to Earth, when common sense says they should long ago have run out of steam.

Cosmic rays are high-speed atomic nuclei, most commonly of hydrogen. Most come from objects within our galaxy, such as supernova remnants and pulsars.
NASA: Major Step Toward Knowing Origin of Cosmic Rays
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/new ... _rays.html
Outer space is a vast shooting gallery of cosmic rays. Discovered in 1912, cosmic rays are not actually rays at all; they are subatomic particles and ions (such as protons and electrons) that zip through space in all directions at near-light speed, with energies tens of thousands of times greater than particles produced in Earth’s largest particle accelerators. Cosmic rays incessantly bombard Earth, smashing into the atoms and molecules high up in the atmosphere, and producing cascades of secondary particles that reach the surface.
NASA Scientists Determine the Nature of Black Hole Jets
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/new ... azars.html
Black hole particle jets are commonly seen in quasars and other celestial objects, shooting off at nearly light speed. According to the Swift team, these jets appear to be made of protons and electrons, solving a mystery as old as the discovery of jets themselves in the 1970s. The jets observed by Swift contain about the mass of Jupiter if it were pulverized and blasted out into intergalactic space.

Black hole particle jets typically escape the confines of their host galaxies and flow for hundreds of thousands of light years. They are a primary means of redistributing matter and energy in the universe. They are a key to understanding galaxy formation and are tied to numerous cosmic mysteries, such as the origin of ultrahigh-energy cosmic rays.

"Black hole jets are one of the great paradoxes in astronomy," said Rita Sambruna of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md. "How is it that black holes, so efficient at pulling matter in, can also accelerate matter away at near light speed? We still don't know how these jets form, but at least we now have a solid idea about what they're made of."
I think the answer lies within the properties of the compacted matter. Since we know it is plasma we can apply plasma properties, hence the Z-pinch dynamics.

kovil
Science Officer

What is the true nature of our Universe and Reality ? . . .

Post by kovil » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:39 am

. . . It is all Energy !

Hey Harry,

Nice post, great quotes.

Since a teenager I have been enamored in thinking about black holes and neutron stars, it's been 40 years, then I read 'The Electric Sky' and it turned me around. The data from observations is falling into a completely different picture, and it's making more sense than the theories of the previous 50 years.

When I look at certain photos of the Moon, (my internet connection is so slow it would take forever to get to the website to check the Moon crater's name) one in particular always looks like an upside down plate, instead of a crater. It's an optical illusion for the eye by the lighting misinterpretation. The point is sometimes I see things backwards, and so do others.

Black holes which have jets coming out; that's backwards. What's really happening is electrical energy is flowing in. As the current flows in, Xrays and all sorts of other radiation wavelengths are emitted by the glowing plasma, but some folks have misinterpreted what they are seeing. They see the plasma, which they call gas, as flowing outward. I am now seeing it as electrical energy flowing inward and the plasma is standing still. There is no super-massive black hole in the middle. It is electrical energy flowing inward that is causing all the radiation in the plasma from its massive current flow.

Now comes the question of; Why is the electrical energy flowing inward?
Gravity does have a part in all this, and I am coming around to the conception that as gravity pulls on protons, it causes an offset of the nucleus in relationship to the electron cloud (because gravity does not pull on electrons), which causes the center of the star mass to have a net positive charge ( the protons get pulled to the middle and the electrons get squeezed to the outside - as much as the atomic structure will allow that is). Get a big enough pile of protons and the central positive charge will be massively positive, 10^24 V+. That will attract a lot of electrons!! Thus you have the genesis for the massive current flow, 10^32 Amps. That big an arc welder arc will make a lot of Xrays and etc. With this picture of what is happening, no strange matter is needed, no black holes, no event horizons, no dark matter, no dark energy. In other words, we do not have to invent any mathematical constructs (the preceding list of entities) which will violate the findings of other sciences. This is a much simpler explanation, tho much less exciting.

Comet/Asteroid 17P Holmes is right now an example of how electrical our solar system is! The ballerina skirt energy sheet which extends out from our Sun has waves upon it, which Holmes crossed and got into an area of vastly different potential. Also the inner 4 planets lined up and their plasma tails aided a current flow. Holmes lit up spectacularly as a result!
How much electrical capacitance could a 3.4 km asteroid have? Quite a bit I'd venture! given the right conditions. Anyway I am rambling. enuf for now.

Are your going to the CCC2? I am! It will be thee event of this decade!

Kovil

ps; on protons. Protons have inertia, electrons do not. You can't get rid of the Inertia Component in protons. Your idea of cutting off the protons awareness of the rest of the Universe, and in the Ernest Mach sense divesting them of their awareness of all the other protons and thusly reducing their Rest Mass (Inertia) to close to zero or so, is a great theoretical idea. I suspect the protonic rest mass would deteriorate on an exponential curve downward, but how long would it take? Centuries, years, hours, seconds??? It would be a great experiment, you'd win a Nobel Prize !!!
Can I be your flunky on that one?

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:23 pm

Hello Kovil

I had to read your post before I go back to the project.

I will get back to you later.

Keep smiling

Grim R
Asternaut

Post by Grim R » Mon May 19, 2008 11:01 pm

Humans will discover soon the secrets of time and speed travel
would i lie to you

Pete
Science Officer
AKA: Long John LeBone

Post by Pete » Tue May 20, 2008 4:27 pm

Thread resurrection!
kovil wrote:To get to the next star quickly, we must shed our protons.
That's gotta hurt.
kovil wrote:gravity does not pull on electrons
kovil wrote:Protons have inertia, electrons do not
Where did these statements come from? The electron has mass (about 1/1836 that of the proton).
craterchains wrote:Why limit ourselves to just that speed?
Why not try to go much faster?
I'd love faster-than-light travel too, but (1) I don't think it's us who are limiting ourselves to just that speed, and (2) astrophysical processes in the Universe are "trying" much, much harder than humans can to exceed c, and just can't do it, suggesting that "more thrust equals more speed" is probably not the right approach.