APOD: Starry Night Scavenger Hunt (2010 Jun 15)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
Galaxy
Asternaut

Re: APOD: Starry Night Scavenger Hunt (2010 Jun 15)

Post by Galaxy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:35 pm

rwarner wrote:
Galaxy wrote:Thank you Ronnie ! You are an excellent astro artist.

I'm trying to find which "galaxies cluster" you put in the upper loop of the Antennae. But it is difficult beacause it 's too blur in this picture.
You got it: Abell 1689. I didn't do a very good job with that one. Go to the Hubble galaxy index to see it done properly.
Ronnie Warner
Thank you very much. Now everything is clear.
I look forward to your next creations :)

captaincookrn@cs.com

Post by captaincookrn@cs.com » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Guest wrote:I see the Sombrero Gallaxy and the one in the middle I do not recognize, it looks so beautiful though. And the one on the bottom of it toward the left I've never seen either. Can you tel me what it is? Then toward the left of the Cartwheel Gallaxy is one of the Pillars of Creation in the Orion Nebula I believe. What is that funny little green thing on the left of the center gallaxy??
(Did anyone notice the moon inside the moon? It took me a while to find it!)

Whoever made this did a good job! Its so beautiful and makes the stars and gallaxies look even more outstanding.

I think that may be earthshine on the dark part of the moon You can see sketches of the moon's maria in the dark area

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:05 pm

piper wrote:I see the Horse head nebula, on the left of the church tower.
The horsehead nebula is right and above the steeple, next to the black area with the white center at the end of the swirl