Video Submissions

See new, spectacular, or mysterious sky images.
dromeuf
Asternaut

Re: Video Submissions

Post by dromeuf » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:01 pm

Stereoscopic encounter with the asteroid Ryugu (red-cyan anaglyph)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4nr6yzb0hA

dromeuf
Asternaut

Post by dromeuf » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:03 pm

Stereoscopic visit of four cavities on the nucleus of comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twsfRI52HZw

philhart
Ensign

Post by philhart » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:24 am

Click to play embedded YouTube video.

To my knowledge, this is the highest resolution imagery of the solar 🔆 corona ever captured from Earth 🌎 and the only spacecraft 🚀 (Solar Orbiter) to do better works in ultraviolet from four times closer to the Sun!

Full story and details here:https://philhart.com/exmouth-eclipse

Still images submitted here: viewtopic.php?p=337474#p337474

Alberto Vacca
Asternaut

Post by Alberto Vacca » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:41 pm

HDR timelapse of partial lunar eclipse - 23/10/28
Copyright: Alberto Vacca

Description:
My aim was to represent the partial phase of the eclipse as I saw it from a binocular: the human eye has a really wide dynamic range so that the brightest and darker parts of the Moon are visible at the same time during the partial phase of the eclipse. Here is the HDR timelapse video of the eclipse:
The video is composed by 433 frames, taken every 24 seconds. The duration of the timelapse, 11 seconds, compared to the real time span of the shots, tells us that the video has been speeded up around 1000x. Every frame is an HDR union of 6 pictures taken within a wide range of different exposure times. I wrote a Python program to handle the processing of the whole sequence, taking into account the different brightness and color balance of the initial frames because of atmospheric extinction (the Moon was lower above the horizon). This way every frame has been processed in the same way with the same parameters, making it comparable with all other frames in terms of relative brightness.

The time of the shoot is: 2023 October 28, from 17:58 to 20:50 UT.

Equipment:
- Tamron 100-400mm lens, used at 400mm
- Nikon D750 camera
- iOptron CEM40 equatorial mount

Software:
- APT (Astro Photography Tool) for acquisition
- Python program written by myself for processing

prashant_naik
Ensign

Post by prashant_naik » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:54 pm

StellaNova - A Journey to the stars

This week marks International Dark Sky Week, a time to appreciate the awe-inspiring beauty and vital role of a natural night sky. Unfortunately, light pollution increasingly obscures our view of the Milky Way, countless stars, and all the wonders the universe has to offer.

As a tribute to the dark sky, I'd like to share a video I created titled 'Stellanova' that captures the breathtaking beauty of a night sky. Take a moment to step outside, look up, and marvel at the stars. Together, let's preserve our precious night sky for future generations to enjoy. Happy stargazing!
https://youtu.be/eCEcL13nZKg

Date: Footages were shot during my travel between 2022 and 2023.
Equipments: Nikon D810, Nikkor 14-24mm
Post Processing: Raw files processed in Lightroom. Video transition and animation done in After Effects. Color correction, contrast and final adjustments done in Premiere Pro.
Last edited by bystander on Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added full youtube url

Naztronomy
Ensign

Post by Naztronomy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:28 am

Full April 8, 2024 Total Solar Eclipse timelapse from start to finish. Taken from Richford, VT.