To our astrophotographers

See new, spectacular, or mysterious sky images.
owlice
Guardian of the Codes

To our astrophotographers

Post by owlice » Fri May 18, 2012 1:43 pm

You guys and gals rock!! Thank you so very very much for posting submissions while my arm was confined; I am very grateful, and hope you will continue to post images!

I cannot say I'm all better, but typing is certainly much easier and less painful now. The day after the fall, I gained a permanent titanium plate and eight screws:

[float=left][attachment=0]forearmTopview.JPG[/attachment][/float][attachment=1]forearmSideview.JPG[/attachment]
In the weeks since, I've learned I apparently have some utility as a barometer. My (screaming hot pink) cast was removed a couple of weeks ago and replaced with a removable splint. I don't have full use of my left hand/arm yet, but can lift a coffee mug now (woo-hoo!). Physical therapy is helping.

As some have noticed, I have started posting submissions again, but will not be posting most/all of them as I have in the past. With other projects and work, and some things still taking much longer than they used to, I don't have the time to resume posting all of them, apologize for that, and as mentioned, I hope (very much!) you will all continue to post your images!

Oh! One last note: the first thing I did when I got back to work was wave my arm through the magnetometer to ensure the titanium plate didn't set it off. It didn't; yay!
Attachments
Arm bling, top view
Arm bling, top view
I'm screwed!
I'm screwed!
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Re: To our astrophotographers

Post by geckzilla » Fri May 18, 2012 2:28 pm

You're a cyborg, now. I thought of you when driving past the Goddard exit in DC last week, even though I'm not sure that has anything to do with you. :)
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Fri May 18, 2012 2:31 pm

The worlds first Bionic Owl. Woo hoo hoo.
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

Rothkko
Lieutenant

Post by Rothkko » Fri May 18, 2012 6:32 pm

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... an_nustar/
Tienes un trozo más de supernova dentro de tí... No sabía nada. Ánimo.
Tu titanio es 44? )
Have another piece of supernova within you ... I knew nothing. Encouragement.
Your titanium is 44? )
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 09056.html#/
http://www.solociencia.com/astronomia/10070902.htm

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Post by owlice » Sat May 19, 2012 10:31 am

Rothkko, "another piece of supernova" -- I like that, very much! Thank you!

Beyond and geckzilla, cyborg... bionic... but still missing a magic cape and superpowers, alas! Unless being a barometer counts, but somehow, I suspect it doesn't. The superpower I'd like, if I might choose one, is the expansion of time so I have four more hours in every day. What do I need to be bitten by to get it??
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sat May 19, 2012 11:38 am

A rare owl spider whose deadly venom interacts with titanium 44 in strange ways. Some of which will give you the ability to fly upside down, faster than a speeding bullet, stop a runaway train going down the tracks and the ability to hop over tall buildings without flapping a wing. You could also receive the ability to repel bugs when exercising your talons on your two wheeled mobile talon exerciser. There are probably many other possibilities as well, but no-one really knows yet. As i said, the owl spider is really rare. Here's hopeing it :chomp: 's on you. :yes:
p.s.
You'll have to supply your own feathered cape.
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

Efrain Morales
Science Officer
AKA: Jaicoa

Post by Efrain Morales » Wed May 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi Owlice!, Sad to hear and see this, Hope you get completely well with full recovery soon!, Clear Skies.
Efrain

zookies
Asternaut

Post by zookies » Mon May 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Holy meteors from mars, Batman, that looks pretty intense! (The titanium plate and eight screws, that is)