MK's new treeline in space?

The cosmos at our fingertips.
RJN
Baffled Boffin

MK's new treeline in space?

Post by RJN » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:30 pm

What is going on with the new CONCAM images from Mauna Kea? The MK group just replaced the CONCAM2 with the refurbished CONCAM3. Strangely, there is a black band that looks like the silhoutte of a treeline across the centers of recent images. Here is one: Image

I have no idea what that is. Any guesses?

- RJN

Vic Muzzin
Ensign

Post by Vic Muzzin » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:07 pm

Is the lens dirty or damaged? The band appears to be at the bottom of the streaking area and this area does not move.

judith church
Asternaut

2/8/05 astrology calendar

Post by judith church » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:10 am

Consider this, a lorentz invarience phenomena .Caused by the explosion of a meteorite leaving a magnetic reflective blackness, particles collected in the vaccuum behind it created the reflective abilities. This phenomena is something faster than the speed of the light cone. If nothing is faster than the speed of light , how can there be any darkness in the light manifold we are observing . Did you notice the two signature spots on the *if you look at the other galaxy photos from an oblique angle you will see many of them. That's my off the wall comment , I'm not officiallly schooled , but I read a lot. It's great to participate.