Nukes on Mars

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
JackWhite
Asternaut

Nukes on Mars

Post by JackWhite » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:06 pm

A very interesting topic to discuss I guess. Elon Musk came with an interesting but controversial idea. The idea proposed making Mars fit for life and subsequent colonization with the help of thermonuclear weapons. On the air of the program, Musk reflected on space travel and ways to colonize Mars. What do you think about it? According to the CEO of SpaceX, colonists on the red planet will have to live in transparent houses until their atmosphere becomes suitable for human habitation. Raising the temperature in the atmosphere of Mars is possible by the nuclear bombardment of the poles, and increasing the concentration of greenhouse gases is a slow way. As a man who fell in love with astronomy and space in general, I wonder when we will have cameras that can casually take pictures of far space planets or even our planet earth. I bet that these cameras will be sold by SpaceX, Dragonfly Aerospace, etc. Because these companies are very close to space missions and space in general, so I have no doubts that the first good technologies and pieces for the civilian tech are going to be sold by them. It will open so many opportunities for directors, produces, and photographs that may influence on film industry overall. And I want them to become a thing faster because if this crazy man is going to do a nuke on Mars, I'd pay lots of money to see it by my eyes

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Re: Nukes on Mars

Post by Chris Peterson » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:37 pm

JackWhite wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:06 pm A very interesting topic to discuss I guess. Elon Musk came with an interesting but controversial idea. The idea proposed making Mars fit for life and subsequent colonization with the help of thermonuclear weapons. On the air of the program, Musk reflected on space travel and ways to colonize Mars. What do you think about it? According to the CEO of SpaceX, colonists on the red planet will have to live in transparent houses until their atmosphere becomes suitable for human habitation. Raising the temperature in the atmosphere of Mars is possible by the nuclear bombardment of the poles, and increasing the concentration of greenhouse gases is a slow way. As a man who fell in love with astronomy and space in general, I wonder when we will have cameras that can casually take pictures of far space planets or even our planet earth. I bet that these cameras will be sold by SpaceX, Dragonfly Aerospace, etc. Because these companies are very close to space missions and space in general, so I have no doubts that the first good technologies and pieces for the civilian tech are going to be sold by them. It will open so many opportunities for directors, produces, and photographs that may influence on film industry overall. And I want them to become a thing faster because if this crazy man is going to do a nuke on Mars, I'd pay lots of money to see it by my eyes
Read Kim Stanley Robinson if you want some good ideas on terraforming Mars. But nobody is going to do that for centuries, if ever. We can't even manage to live in an enclosed volume on Earth. We don't know anywhere near enough about managing such systems. So nobody is going to be living in glass houses there, either. No colonies. At most, just a scientific outpost or two, occupied by people who won't be staying long.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:35 pm

Not complaining, but sometimes I think these posts that area space related belong in the cafe! ???
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:49 pm

Click to play embedded YouTube video.
orin stepanek wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:35 pm
Not complaining, but sometimes I think these posts that area space related belong in the cafe! ???
Art Neuendorffer