Circumhorizontal Arc [Fire Rainbow]

See new, spectacular, or mysterious sky images.
Bad Buoys
Ensign

Circumhorizontal Arc [Fire Rainbow]

Post by Bad Buoys » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:11 pm

National Geographic

Though a circumhorizontal arc (fire rainbow) is one of the rarest of atmospheric phenomina,
this one 3 June 2006 over the northern Washington/Idaho border is by far the most brilliant ever
captured and as such will probably be the representative view for the remainder of our lives.
Last edited by Bad Buoys on Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:58 pm

Amazing phenomena. When was this phenomenon in Earth's atmosphere first observed in recorded history?
Tic Toc

Bad Buoys
Ensign

FieryIce

Post by Bad Buoys » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:32 pm

Though I avoid Google and use Webcrawler [which like Google polls all the major engines though my results differ from Google] I could do a search for your answer, but then you're obviously savvy otherwise you wouldn't be on this site.

What puzzles me is that someone with the moniker, FieryIce, should most likely know or research this topic as it is caused by a very particular alignment of individual ice crystals along with a low sun :-)

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:12 pm

Yah think that is puzzeling, her research into "Crystal Face", a research project that caused many of the scientists to quit and leave the research teams, I think really fit her moniker well. They were supposedly researching thunder heads and the ice crystals forming in them. NASA and DOD really put one over on those scientists.

Norval
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you." Will Rodgers 1938

Bad Buoys
Ensign

Post by Bad Buoys » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:13 am

I find nothing unusual in researching ice formation in thunderheads; but why would NASA or DOD care to subvert such research and what would be her connection?

Intelligent people are not necessarily logical nor reasonable and can be quite disruptive, but you suggest some degree of malicious intent.

I haven't been on this site in quite some time. Glad to see you're still here.

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:56 pm

http://www.kingdomofyhwh.com/res1a/spex ... ds1a1.html

From there just follow the links, and the particular report to find is a pre-mission Presentations, Manus and Nauru Island Ground Information 05/01/02, Gerald Mace.

The scientists discovered more than they thought they would. Of note is that we do have copies of that report and its odd "flash" of a message in colored flaming very large font across the page that stated something like "IS THIS FOR REAL?" which only flashed on and then disappeared leaving only the report.

The "way" we got the original link was our web site was hacked (confirmed by our server host) and that link replaced the one we had. It just so happened that we were working on the pages that day and had the original still open on our desk tops when that link got changed. That link was not in any of our computers till it appeared on our web site. Somebody obviously "fed" us that link.

Malicious intent? My signature says it quite well. I don't like to be "hurt" by intentionally falsified information when trying to discover truth about anything.

I left this board some time ago for the same reasons that many have. All the BS and topic detractors and distracters starting to post and the lack of proper moderation. I will be leaving again shortly as this finishes up a bunch of research about posters at forums and their methodologies and reasons for posting such BS.

Norval
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you." Will Rodgers 1938

JohnD
Tea Time, Guv! Cheerio!

Post by JohnD » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:06 pm

Rather more useful links are found aplenty by Googling for 'circumhorizontal', or just going to the Wikipedia entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumhorizontal_arc

How are you going to link this in with interplanetary war, CC?

John

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Thu May 03, 2007 6:10 pm

Well John, try tracing any mention of such atmospheric phenomina back in time and see how far you go. :(

Nope, I wouldn't try to link this to interplanetary war, but your mentioning it in such reference is a definate aspect of your lack of perspective. We have enough evidence of that war already. :lol:

And your intent was to what in reference to the interplanetary war? :roll:

Maddad
Ensign
Location: 245 Green Street, Royersford, Pennsylvania 19468-2214, United States of America

Post by Maddad » Thu May 03, 2007 8:53 pm

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -fire.html

National Geographic had a fairly straightforward answer that didn't need interplanetary war to explain fire rainbows.
Time is a heavy subject.

Bad Buoys
Ensign

Post by Bad Buoys » Thu May 03, 2007 11:24 pm

Yes, that was the article that the original photo here was posted from.
Another good site explaining this and other atmospheric phenomena is:
http://www.atoptics.co.uk/halo/cha2.htm

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Fri May 04, 2007 12:53 pm

Contrary to popular ideas and inuendos, I, nor Fiery Ice have ever mentioned an interplanetary war with these interesting rainbow effects.

BUT ! Try to find out just WHEN did they start to appear?

Yes, (yawwwnnnnnnssss) we KNOW how they can forn, but do you know when they started to appear in history? NO. :wink:

FieryIce
Science Officer

Re: FieryIce

Post by FieryIce » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:51 pm

Bad Buoys wrote: What puzzles me is that someone with the moniker, FieryIce, should most likely know or research this topic as it is caused by a very particular alignment of individual ice crystals along with a low sun :-)
It seems my moniker has different meanings to different people of differing backgrounds but this particular atmospheric phenomena and other fragmented rainbow colors and odd halos are a more recent phenomena so just when in past history was this first noticed or recorded.
Tic Toc

snodome
Asternaut

having a "ball"

Post by snodome » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:44 pm

wow what a phenomena! the sky is certainly alive these days.

maybe these crystals have help forming from all the airline exhaust that persist and spread when they are usually seen?

mfkzt

Bad Buoys
Ensign

Post by Bad Buoys » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:33 am

How strange to come home to this in my email after I had just witnessed my first circumhorizontal arc.

With noon being directly overhead, it was at about 11 or 1 o'clock, and on a clear, sunny day in the 80's with wispy cirrus clouds. Though the sky was very similar to the prior post, the 'Fire Rainbow' was more compact and distinct, traversing half the sky.

This location is 40 miles north of Portland on the Columbia where it turns west and makes it's final 45 miles to the Pacific.

snodome
Asternaut

Post by snodome » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:21 pm

i think it is the jet exhaust particulate.

snodome
Asternaut

Post by snodome » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:14 pm