Hyperion

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
lkstew
Asternaut

Hyperion

Post by lkstew » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:14 am

Looking at the close up view of this different moon, would it not be fair to think that it just may be a captured comet? With all the holes in it -- perhaps vent holes (?) -- and it's shape not much different than the Deep Impact Temple1, it does lead one to think that in the old days, it was a comet that just got too close in an encounter with Saturn.
Larry
Ottawa, Canada

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:48 pm

Hi! I agree with Larry from Canada. I also noticed what looked like Ice in some of the craters.
Orin Stepanek

Orca
Commander

Post by Orca » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:11 pm

orin stepanek wrote:Hi! I agree with Larry from Canada. I also noticed what looked like Ice in some of the craters.
Orin Stepanek
Smells like a bot. But those are awfully random elements it repeated. It appears not selling anything. Orin, say something else. And don't start it with "Hi! I agree with Orca..."

:?:

susammon
Asternaut

Hyperion

Post by susammon » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:58 pm

This moon not only reminds us of a comet, but also of a'a lava. Lava that is clinker-like and looks porous is called by the Hawaiian name a'a.

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:20 am

Orca wrote:Smells like a bot.
It should be very, very smart bot to translate "Larry Ottawa, Canada" to "Larry from Canada" :?:

Orca
Commander

Post by Orca » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:14 am

makc wrote:
Orca wrote:Smells like a bot.
It should be very, very smart bot to translate "Larry Ottawa, Canada" to "Larry from Canada" :?:
And again, bots usually have links to some commercial site.

Unless...it's the first wave of a new generation of super-intelligent über-bots!

From the planet Cricket, no doubt!