What if Earth is a Zoo?

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

What if Earth is a Zoo?

Post by wonderboy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:30 pm

Here is a thought.

In America alone in 2008 there were 4,480 reported sightings of UFO's. Put this on a worldwide Scale and hey presto, you find that there are probably over a million sightings per year.

Within our diverse earth we have many different races of people. Asian, Chinese, Black people etc etc. We call ourselves humans, Aliens may call us Humanoid, i.e. fundamentaly the same but different at the same time.

What if Aliens came across each respective race on different planets which were being destroyed by their occupants and picked some of us up and placed us on a new home in the hope that we would come together in unity and not waste our new home. Like some kind of alien preservation society!

These aliens come to see us on a regular basis, maybe on their holidays to see what the stupid humans are doing. What if it is some kind of space safari where aliens get to swoop down to see all the stupid aliens. Obviously you'll never know unless an alien tells you this himself.

If it is the case, then they need to come down here quick and clean out or cage? Because we're making quite a mess.

Paul
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Re: What if Earth is a Zoo?

Post by owlice » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:58 pm

While they are at it, they can have a go at my cat boxes, too; the litter definitely needs changing.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

AlanMor
Asternaut

Post by AlanMor » Wed May 12, 2010 7:42 pm

LOL! quite an analogy..... but on the other hand I believe that maybe we did come from another planet or something....what if something happened like what is happening now.... let me explain. what if we lived on another planet kind of like Earth and we did the same thing we are doing here Destroying it, and when everything got to the point of "no return" and the planet exploded the survivors left where placed here on earth to start a new life. and i guess we are close to that cycle again. and soon whatever survivors are here on earth will be going to another planet and start all over.......

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Thu May 13, 2010 4:07 am

I heard they left a spaceship under the giant face on Mars you can go in if you crack the code and indicate your humanity to them, they will fly you to their new world.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Thu May 13, 2010 4:19 am

What if Earth is a Zoo? What makes you think it's not?

AlanMor
Asternaut

Post by AlanMor » Thu May 13, 2010 6:49 pm

Lol bystander, totally right, we are like untrained monkeys!

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Thu May 13, 2010 9:26 pm

wonderboy wrote:What if Aliens came across each respective race on different planets which were being destroyed by their occupants and picked some of us up and placed us on a new home in the hope that we would come together in unity and not waste our new home. Like some kind of alien preservation society!
You mean... like this?
Click to play embedded YouTube video.
:D

Oh snap, looks like someone thought about it 1st.

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Thu May 13, 2010 9:58 pm

(oh crаp, now I have to watch all of it... so much for night work)

wonderboy
Commander

Post by wonderboy » Fri May 14, 2010 9:45 am

AlanMor wrote:LOL! quite an analogy..... but on the other hand I believe that maybe we did come from another planet or something....what if something happened like what is happening now.... let me explain. what if we lived on another planet kind of like Earth and we did the same thing we are doing here Destroying it, and when everything got to the point of "no return" and the planet exploded the survivors left where placed here on earth to start a new life. and i guess we are close to that cycle again. and soon whatever survivors are here on earth will be going to another planet and start all over.......

I believe in evolution, so i think if we were to have been placed here it would have been very early on in our lives when we never had the capacity to destroy our planet except by excess farting or something.

Regardless, I think we were placed here as our planet faced destruction from some other force, i.e. comet, asteroid, supernova etc etc. We were saved by an alien race and placed on a planet similar to our own home.

What if this was what killed the neanderthals, it is common knowledge that they were killed off by a much smarter race of humanoids, we even have neanderthal genes, so there was probably cross breeding or whatever, but it seems like a perfectly plausable theory to me.

We are like these aliens little pets, maybe like a version of big brother. Could be like the sims only its real life, or everyones living life much like Mr Truman in the Truman Show.

Strange, but as someone once said to me, the truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

Paul.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Fri May 14, 2010 1:53 pm

wonderboy wrote:What if this was what killed the neanderthals, it is common knowledge that they were killed off by a much smarter race of humanoids, we even have neanderthal genes, so there was probably cross breeding or whatever, but it seems like a perfectly plausable theory to me.
99.999% of life that evolved together on Earth from a common ancestor can't interbreed. The idea that Mr Spock could be half Vulcan and half Human seems unlikely beyond belief. We don't just have Neanderthal genes, we have practically the same genome.

If we were brought here, we were brought here as the single celled (or even pre-cellular) ancestor of everything living today, and we were brought here well over a billion years ago.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Fri May 14, 2010 3:07 pm

or, they move life around all the time, that's why there are same genes on all the planets.

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Fri May 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Chris Peterson wrote:
If we were brought here, we were brought here as the single celled (or even pre-cellular) ancestor of everything living today, and we were brought here well over a billion years ago.
Some came over just 6 years ago:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strigiphilus_garylarsoni wrote:
<<Strigiphilus garylarsoni is a biting louse of a genus only found on owls. It is a member of the traditional suborder Mallophaga (the "chewing lice"). The species is classified in the Ischnocera suborder and the Philopteridae family. The species has no common name. The louse's taxonomer, biologist Dale H. Clayton, named it after Gary Larson, creator of the cartoon The Far Side. In a letter to Larson, Clayton praised the cartoonist for "the enormous contribution that my colleagues and I feel you have made to biology through your cartoons." In his book The Prehistory of the Far Side, Larson stated, "I considered this an extreme honor. Besides, I knew no one was going to write and ask to name a new species of swan after me. You have to grab these opportunities when they come along." >>
Art Neuendorffer

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Post by owlice » Fri May 14, 2010 3:37 pm

neufer wrote:Some came over just 6 years ago:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strigiphilus_garylarsoni wrote:
<<Strigiphilus garylarsoni is a biting louse of a genus only found on owls. It is a member of the traditional suborder Mallophaga (the "chewing lice"). The species is classified in the Ischnocera suborder and the Philopteridae family. The species has no common name. The louse's taxonomer, biologist Dale H. Clayton, named it after Gary Larson, creator of the cartoon The Far Side. In a letter to Larson, Clayton praised the cartoonist for "the enormous contribution that my colleagues and I feel you have made to biology through your cartoons." In his book The Prehistory of the Far Side, Larson stated, "I considered this an extreme honor. Besides, I knew no one was going to write and ask to name a new species of swan after me. You have to grab these opportunities when they come along." >>
Now, now, the owl might have come over 6 years ago, but it took the biting louse a few more years to show up.

The letter Clayton wrote to Larson is in one of Larson's books, accompanied by a rendering of the louse; it's an excellent letter. The louse? Not so pretty, but very good at his purpose in life.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Fri May 14, 2010 3:49 pm

Chris Peterson wrote:If we were brought here, we were brought here as the single celled (or even pre-cellular) ancestor of everything living today, and we were brought here well over a billion years ago.
All present-day life arose from a single ancestor
Science News - 12 May 2010
Protein analysis rules out multiple sources

One isn’t such a lonely number. All life on Earth shares a single common ancestor, a new statistical analysis confirms.

The idea that life-forms share a common ancestor is “a central pillar of evolutionary theory,” says Douglas Theobald, a biochemist at Brandeis University in Waltham, Mass. “But recently there has been some mumbling, especially from microbiologists, that it may not be so cut-and-dried.”

Because microorganisms of different species often swap genes, some scientists have proposed that multiple primordial life forms could have tossed their genetic material into life’s mix, creating a web, rather than a tree of life.

To determine which hypothesis is more likely correct, Theobald put various evolutionary ancestry models through rigorous statistical tests. The results, published in the May 13 Nature, come down overwhelmingly on the side of a single ancestor.

A universal common ancestor is at least 102,860 times more probable than having multiple ancestors, Theobald calculates.
A new study uses statistics to test whether life on Earth can be traced back to a
common ancestor (example shown in a) or multiple primordial life forms (b). Dotted
lines indicate gene swapping between species. (M. Steel and D. Penny/Nature 2010)

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Fri May 14, 2010 4:12 pm

owlice wrote:
neufer wrote:Some came over just 6 years ago:
Now, now, the owl might have come over 6 years ago, but it took the biting louse a few more years to show up..
I resemble that remark!
Art Neuendorffer

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Fri May 21, 2010 5:19 am

In peruseing the information in the posts of this forum, i see there is a potential to make a science space movie out of it.

The title would be, of course -- "Loused in Space". It should be a great hit!!
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Fri May 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Art, you don't resemble "that remark" or your Avatar. Well....maybe "that remark"--just a wee bit :lol:
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

wonderboy
Commander

Post by wonderboy » Sun May 23, 2010 11:57 am

AlanMor wrote:LOL! quite an analogy..... but on the other hand I believe that maybe we did come from another planet or something....what if something happened like what is happening now.... let me explain. what if we lived on another planet kind of like Earth and we did the same thing we are doing here Destroying it, and when everything got to the point of "no return" and the planet exploded the survivors left where placed here on earth to start a new life. and i guess we are close to that cycle again. and soon whatever survivors are here on earth will be going to another planet and start all over.......

Sorry to quote you again, but this ties in with my extended theory on the issue; which is....

We are all humans, and we're placed on this planet as the atmosphere and living conditions were perfect for our destructive race. We were moved to this planet by an alien race who preserved us and saved us from our impending doom on our other home world. In this respect we are very much like rhinos which are almost extinct but are viewed from afar by wary protectors, looking out for anything that could kill them.

Now, we are close to the cycle of doom again. We're using up our planets resources, letting it run loose into the sea, never to be recovered. We're heating our planet up which is, in turn, causing ice caps to melt. These ice caps contain tons of methane gas, which is more powerful than carbon monoxide in terms of the effect of Global warming, this is a cycle which will be very hard to halt. Eventually (if things continue) we will have a planet which is too hot for life to flourish. The balance which has been maintained for so long will be tipped to the side of impending death and we will look to the sky for a saviour, will it be God... Well yes! But it will be the Gods which egyptians and mayans of so long ago mentioned came down from the sky. This is not symbolic, it is truth, its not a metaphor, its our protectors.

They placed us here to preserve us, they will come back to save us again. Maybe this will happen in 2012. Perhaps the mayans were the only ones privvy with the information of a return date and built a clock which counts down to it.

This is my theory. Not that of everyone elses. Its strange, but I do truly believe a higher power is looking out for us. They mainly let us be, but if something catastrophic were to happen, i think they would come and save us.

Paul.

astrolabe
Science Officer

Post by astrolabe » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:45 pm

Hello wonderboy,

No. We were put here to do what we've been engineered to do. Live on a planet that will support us long enough for us to turn it into an environment that will best support the life form that created us. An environment that has air polluted enough to kill us off, water polluted enough to kill us off, and land that produces food polluted enough to kill us off. We are like the canary in the mine but for the opposite reason- when we die it will mean the place will be perfect for the race that is coming.

Or else, like the song says, "We'll make great pets".
"Everything matters.....So may the facts be with you"-astrolabe