Forums

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
orin stepanek
Plutopian

Forums

Post by orin stepanek » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:44 pm

Do you think that the Starship Asterisk has too many forums? :? Sometimes you may want to post something; and only find that it has already been posted.
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Re: Forums

Post by owlice » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:45 pm

I don't know how fewer forums would help that situation; could you explain?

If someone has already posted something that you want to post, how would having fewer forums help?

Puzzled Owl
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:59 pm

owlice wrote:I don't know how fewer forums would help that situation; could you explain?

If someone has already posted something that you want to post, how would having fewer forums help?

Puzzled Owl
For example I get news releases from Hubble; and I used to post them in the Cafe! bystander started to post them into Breaking Space News. Then they wound up getting merged. Now that I know where to look; I check for it before I post; but things still get double posted!
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:43 pm

I usually view new posts before I start posting. This shows me any new posts since I last signed off. Most Hubble post by me will be prefaced either by HEIC or STScI. Occasionally you might see JPL if the news is coming from Caltech.

Hubble European Information Center (HEIC, SpaceTelescope.org) is ESA's Hubble portal. Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI, HubbleSite.org) is NASA's primary Hubble portal. STScI also manages the Hubble Heritage Project (Heritage.STScI.edu).

If the release is primarily a new image release, I will post it on the Observation Deck. If it is primarily astronomy research news, I will post it in the Communications Center.