Neufer?

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
Anthony Barreiro
Turtles all the way down

Neufer?

Post by Anthony Barreiro » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:04 pm

I haven't seen anything from Art on the apod discussions recently. Art, where art thou? Does anyone else have news of Art?
May all beings be happy, peaceful, and free.

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Re: Neufer?

Post by Chris Peterson » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:59 pm

He's around. Some posts on the Ten Reasons thread, for sure.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

Anthony Barreiro
Turtles all the way down

Post by Anthony Barreiro » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:21 am

Chris Peterson wrote:He's around. Some posts on the Ten Reasons thread, for sure.
Thanks. I'm glad Art is still around. I regularly read the apod discussions, but the rest of starship asterisk is terra incognita.

It can be disconcerting when someone in an online community disappears without explanation.

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:55 am

Chris Peterson wrote:
Anthony Barreiro wrote:
I haven't seen anything from Art on the apod discussions recently. Art, where art thou? Does anyone else have news of Art?
"Mrs Grundy" has made it crystal clear that she does want me around anymore (; or, at least, not unless I drastically change my ways). I will continue respond to posts on the 10 Reasons thread but other than that you guys are on your own.

Good night and good luck.
Art Neuendorffer

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:06 pm

DANG!!
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

Anthony Barreiro
Turtles all the way down

Post by Anthony Barreiro » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:45 pm

neufer wrote:
Chris Peterson wrote:
Anthony Barreiro wrote:
"Mrs Grundy" has made it crystal clear that she does want me around anymore (; or, at least, not unless I drastically change my ways). I will continue respond to posts on the 10 Reasons thread but other than that you guys are on your own.

Good night and good luck.
Thanks for letting me know. The place just isn't the same. May I send you a private message if I have questions about physics or 1950's science fiction movies?

neufer

Post by neufer » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:52 pm

Anthony Barreiro wrote:
Thanks for letting me know. The place just isn't the same. May I send you a private message if I have questions about physics or 1950's science fiction movies?
Absolutely!

Thank you and others for your support;
and thank the Starship *Asterisk for letting me stick around so long.
Art Neuendorffer

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:01 pm

I'll miss you, Art. I don't always agree with you... in fact, I usually don't, but you are definitely something else. I have learned a lot from some of your posts. Life is more boring without voices like yours.

Ann
Color Commentator

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Post by BMAONE23 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Sorry to hear about Mrs Grundy. Your posts always seemed to moisten an otherwise arid thread and provoked a surge of thought in attempt to ascertain relevance which was easily determined 99% of the time. Your presence, or the lake thereof will not go unnoticed

neufer

Post by neufer » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:21 pm

BMAONE23 wrote:
Sorry to hear about Mrs Grundy.

Your posts always seemed to moisten an otherwise arid thread and provoked a surge of thought in attempt to ascertain relevance which was easily determined 99% of the time.

Your presence, or the lake thereof will not go unnoticed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_of_fire wrote: <<A lake of fire appears as a place of after-death destruction of the wicked. Related is Jewish Gehenna which, among other things, is a valley near Jerusalem where trash was burned.

Richard H. Wilkinson has written: The Lake of Fire in the Egyptian Religion is the lake that Ra would pass through in his daily journey in the Duat. He goes in the west gate and exit through the east gate and after that, it would say that the boat was renewed. An image in the Papyrus of Ani (ca. 1250 BC), a version of the Egyptian Book of the Dead, has been described as follows: The scene shows four baboons sitting at the corners of a rectangular pool. On each side of this pool is a flaming brasszier. The pool's red colour indicates that it is filled with a fiery liquid, reminding one of the "Lake of Fire" frequently mentioned in the Book of the Dead.>>
Art Neuendorffer

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Post by owlice » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:58 am

Okay, now I have time to address this.

A gentle reminder from here:
  • Attack the ideas, not the person(s) presenting them. If you've got concerns with what someone is saying, feel free dismantle their arguments, but do not resort to ad hominem or personal attacks. Be mindful and respectful of others' feelings. If you feel that someone has crossed the line and insulted you, please contact one of the moderators, preferably via the reporting mechanism described below, or by PM or email. Don't write scathing posts in the forum to try and humiliate people publicly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • If you disagree with a moderator action, then PM or email the moderator, a different moderator, or an administrator. If it's a post by a moderator that you disagree with, you can report the post using the usual mechanism. We will review the case and take action as needed.
This last can be summed up as don't discuss moderator actions on the board; do [these other things] instead. Thanks for your cooperation.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Ron-Astro Pharmacist
Resistored Fizzacist
AKA: Fred

Post by Ron-Astro Pharmacist » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Ha. Mrs Grundy looks a lot like Sandra Bullock following her wild Gravity ride. Not a bad attempt at foreshadowing a triumphant return I hope. If not we have a "Keplers" worth of data to unravel from a great ride and Ten Reasons to keep looking. Ron
Make Mars not Wars

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Fri May 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Art; you cause me to think, and I appreciate that! I hope you stay with us! :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

BDanielMayfield
Don't bring me down
AKA: Bruce

Post by BDanielMayfield » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Anthony Barreiro wrote:I haven't seen anything from Art on the apod discussions recently. Art, where art thou? Does anyone else have news of Art?
Ann wrote:I'll miss you, Art. I don't always agree with you... in fact, I usually don't, but you are definitely something else. I have learned a lot from some of your posts. Life is more boring without voices like yours.

Ann
orin stepanek wrote:Art; you cause me to think, and I appreciate that! I hope you stay with us! :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:
What they said, mostly.

Bruce
Just as zero is not equal to infinity, everything coming from nothing is illogical.

DavidLeodis
Perceptatron

Post by DavidLeodis » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:22 am

I am also wondering if there is any news about neufer? It was while reading the discussion of the 'Median Mashup: Hubble's Top 100 (2014 Sep 13)' APOD that it struck me that is the kind of thread I would for example have expected neufer to respond to. I miss his inputs. I hope he is well.

saturno2
Commander

Post by saturno2 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:31 pm

Where is Art?
Where is Moonlady?
I was not always agree with their opinions.
But, his opinions are much needed in this forum.
The spark of knowledge is the controversy.

starsurfer
Stellar Cartographer

Post by starsurfer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:48 pm

Where is Sandgirl? I like Sandgirl, I think she is nice. She is so quiet and mysterious......

Moonlady
Selenian

Post by Moonlady » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:30 pm

saturno2 wrote:Where is Art?
Where is Moonlady?
I was not always agree with their opinions.
But, his opinions are much needed in this forum.
The spark of knowledge is the controversy.
Hello all,

I am back (again....after I had announced, that I was back again and then gone again ...)

often, I can't ressist to stay in touch with the real world, and that I have less time for the virtual reality.

I just came today to start a new thread, (look out for it :D )

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:59 pm

Moonlady, welcome back!!!

So good to have you back here!

And even Art is here now, sometimes! :D

Ann
Color Commentator