Unbelievable Craft

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
ianb4all
Ensign

Unbelievable Craft

Post by ianb4all » Thu May 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi all..i would like to describe to you all something quite amazing I saw on Wednesday morning at 3:30 am.(20/05/2015)
Perhaps some of you folks could help me make sense of it.

I woke up at around 3:30 am in the morning to go to the toilet and then I went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water- -not bothering to turn the kitchen light on as I have this great big clear kitchen window (on the 3rd floor of my flat) looking out over the ocean in Bournemouth UK.( perfect view to star gaze at night) Something caught my attention when it came into view -coming from the direction of the European Continent- flying out high over the ocean in front of Bournemouth- It had an unusual Orange glow to its underneath that had this shimmering wave like effect rippling under the craft- It was shaped like a big V. A rough estimate of the size would be stealth bomber to Boeing size, between that .

It banked slightly then headed back out over the ocean towards Cornwall direction...but what made my jaw hit the floor was what it did as it banked- it sort of flapped its wings 3 times giving it this incredible burst of speed before i lost sight of it due to the building roof next door. ( reminded me of how a fish swims or how the motion of a hummingbirds wings are)
It was the most jaw dropping thing I have ever seen.

Is there a possibility that they have made some sort of craft that can like "surf" magnetic waves and use its wings to "disturb" this field to accelerate the craft?

The reason i ask is that underneath it the rippling effect of of the orange glow was only underneath the entire bottom of the craft...it reminded me of those guys who film surfers on a wave from underneath.

Anyways i thought I would share this sighting with you all here as I dont know who else to tell about it...it was truly a stunning sight!

Cheers
Ian

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Re: Unbelievable Craft

Post by Chris Peterson » Thu May 21, 2015 11:33 pm

ianb4all wrote:Is there a possibility that they have made some sort of craft that can like "surf" magnetic waves and use its wings to "disturb" this field to accelerate the craft?
That sounds like something bordering on the physically impossible. You may have seen an experimental aircraft, or you may have seen an ordinary one. Or even something completely different, like an owl lit by ground lights, with some perspective failure leading to the appearance of something larger and more distant.

Assuming a plane of some sort, the orange could have been from it, or from the ground, in either case perhaps illuminating condensed water off the lower surface (which can happen). The flapping... well, maybe if it's something experimental, but I'd suggest the most likely explanation is some sort of optical illusion.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Fri May 22, 2015 4:53 am

Sounds like an interesting sight—perhaps a little too interesting. I'm incredulous. To add to Chris's suggestions, maybe you were hallucinating or dreaming.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

ianb4all
Ensign

Post by ianb4all » Fri May 22, 2015 8:52 am

I wish I was....but I wouldn't post this if I knew for a fact it was some sort of optical illusion- either a bird getting lit from ground lights.

What really stood out was what the craft seemed to be riding on- Like a cushion of some orange/red distortion wave - that rippled from the front of the craft all the way to the back of it- like when you watch a very bad pixelated movie but change that to a orange/red rippling distortion wave -it seemed like that was moving under the craft as the craft was moving across the sky. it was very clear like it was surfing on this- if i was a 3d renderer/artist I could draw it perfectly it was so clear to me....when its wings moved- not like a bird but more like a fish paddling that really opened my eyes.

Mark my words this is a craft of some sort...we no doubt in time will have more sightings of it..hopefully

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Fri May 22, 2015 12:04 pm

ianb4all wrote:I wish I was....
You'd not necessarily know you're hallucinating or dreaming.
ianb4all wrote:Mark my words this is a craft of some sort...we no doubt in time will have more sightings of it..hopefully
Keep your camera ready. :)

kellogg
Ensign

Post by kellogg » Fri May 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Hello,

The glowing rippling effect you describe sounds like it could be fog illuminated by the light reflected from the object.

I suspect that any flappng object would be a bird. There are no real aerodynamic reasons to build an ornathopter.
They certainly look cool, but that's about it. :mrgreen:

Scott

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Fri May 22, 2015 1:36 pm

ianb4all wrote:I wish I was....but I wouldn't post this if I knew for a fact it was some sort of optical illusion- either a bird getting lit from ground lights.
However, these are options that you should remain open to.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Fri May 22, 2015 2:32 pm

Art Neuendorffer

ianb4all
Ensign

Post by ianb4all » Fri May 22, 2015 3:07 pm

Crystal clear night -no fog....it wasn't a hazy glow or anything ...but ah well- believe or dont- I know what I saw .....

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Fri May 22, 2015 3:24 pm

ianb4all wrote:I know what I saw .....
Well, I'd say that's not true at all. You have a memory of what you think you saw, of something that your brain interpreted in a particular way. That doesn't mean that what you saw is physically similar to what your perception suggests.

I've seen a couple of things in the sky over the years that were almost beyond belief. I was fortunate that they persisted long enough for my perception to shift, and for me to recognize them as completely ordinary things. But until that shift occurs, I was seeing things that were pretty impossible, and pretty fantastic. Had I not completed the perception shift, I'd never know what I saw.

If you see something extremely unlikely, the wisest thing to do is to recognize that it was probably something ordinary, distorted by false perception. Because that is real and common. Maybe you really did see something extraordinary. I'm not ruling that out. I'm just suggesting it isn't the most likely possibility here.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Fri May 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Brains are wonderful things but they often can't see their own bias or when they're broken or being influenced by some medications, recreational drugs, tumors, etc. People who have taken LSD supposedly have gone on little mini-trips or flashbacks years later. People with tumors impinging on various parts of their brain can present with a variety of symptoms which can include hallucinations. There is a stigma attached to some of this and I think it's wrong to stigmatize it. So, if you did hallucinate or even dream it or experience a false perception as Chris described (different from a hallucination) then there is nothing shameful about it. It's just human nature. (And if you continue seeing impossible things, please go see a doctor!)