80-89
2%
90-116
0%

Total votes: 4591

Amsoc

Re: APOD assessment poll #9

Post by Amsoc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:45 am

Great images. Always interesting, sometimes inspiring.

Jane

Post by Jane » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:22 am

Can't wait to look at the site everyday, marvel at the pictures and try and understand the universe with the help of the well written explanations. Thank you!

sadanand paathak

Post by sadanand paathak » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:53 am

This is the only cite meet your passions. Few things are beyond your reach. This cite made your astronomical travel very easy, comfortable and affordable. you can satisfy your queries as and when required. thanks to the cite maker for providing society, its services for such prolonged time.

This cite has now become part of my life. Once again thanks for providing us fresh knowledge and updated knowledge.

JBryce

Post by JBryce » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:59 am

Fabulous site, for goodness sake keep it going!

sugie

Post by sugie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:35 pm

Absolutely love the site, you are appreciated. Finally erached the time in my life to enjoy learning about 'the great beyond'

JohnnyRocket
Asternaut

Post by JohnnyRocket » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:24 am

I fall into the age range of 20-29 and I'm both saddened and surprised to see that my age group is so small. It appears the golden days of space exploration truly stuck with the growing generation; yet nowadays the majority of the young seem to be uninterested. A strong calling for science literacy and a genuine interest in their surroundings is needed, otherwise future generations may be even more lacking in the astronomy department. I love APOD and view them every morning when I wake up, I hope to see it continue far beyond my years :) Keep up the great work guys!

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:15 am

JohnnyRocket wrote:
I fall into the age range of 20-29 and I'm both saddened and surprised to see that my age group is so small.
Actually, it is the 30-49 range that is under represented.
Art Neuendorffer

Lj3d

Post by Lj3d » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:36 am

Apod is one of my favorite astronomy and space related sites. Keep up the good work and keep APOD going!

StarCuriousAero
Ensign

Post by StarCuriousAero » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:50 pm

My first thought was that some of that age cluster between 50-69 must be due to that being the boomer bracket, although after looking up the numbers that no where near accounts for the surge.
http://www.nationmaster.com/country/us/Age_distribution
Indeed, it must be that this group was the most energized by the Space Race, and it saddens me that NASA's budget might get cut even further, causing even fewer youngsters to become enraptured with the Final Frontier.

I discovered APOD during my last semester of college, 3 1/2 years ago, when I finally got the chance to take an Astronomy class, at which point I became somewhat angry at the educational system for never having exposing me to Astronomy prior to being pushed on my career path. I guess it's still not too late to go back, and astrophysics could even be a decent Masters to pursue from my Aerospace degree, although I've accepted that Astronomy makes a spectacular hobby as well, and APOD helps me stay alert of the cutting edge discoveries. KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!!

paragkulkarni1960@

Post by paragkulkarni1960@ » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:42 pm

great learning experience.
dr parag

Guest1

Post by Guest1 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:09 am

This is a great site! It has been one I check on a regular basis ever since I discovered it, which has been quite a few years now. I have always been interested in astronomy and the space program and this is a wonderful place to learn more. I'm in the 50-59 age group, so I did grow up with the space program and continue to follow it, along with astronomical research and events. The pictures are great and I like following the links in the description to learn more. I also always visit the archives to stay caught up. Please continue this site. :D

George

Post by George » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:19 pm

I love getting my daily email APOD. I've recently retired and am currently fulfilling a forty year old plan to take an astronomy course at one of our universities.

LDWalker

Post by LDWalker » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:54 pm

I have enjoyed APOD each day since August 2000.

al.dennard

Post by al.dennard » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:22 pm

I visit APOD regularly. It is one of life's pleasures. :) :thumb_up:

ltofinf@comcast.net

Post by ltofinf@comcast.net » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:44 am

This is one government-provided service that truely works for the betterment of our society. May it go on always.

swv_23@hotmail.com

Post by swv_23@hotmail.com » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:22 pm

54 years old.

StevieB

Post by StevieB » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:19 pm

I'm 60. This site rocks. I use the pictures for my desktop background.

analex

Post by analex » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:56 pm

46 years old

js028

Post by js028 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:13 pm

I am 54 years old and visit the site everyday to see the inspiring photos

hidde ronde

Post by hidde ronde » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:52 pm

62 years old. visit apod almost every day

the striking viking

Post by the striking viking » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:56 pm

29 years old

IBLA

Post by IBLA » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:37 pm

60 years young. APOD is one of the, if not the, most fasciniating website.
if i were forced to choose only one website that i could visit, it would have to be APOD.
you have greatly opened up the vastness of our incredible universe and i do truly "thank you".
and i must remember what He said, "let there be light" and never yet has it been said, "light stop"

munichskywatcher

Post by munichskywatcher » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:26 pm

I'm 23 years old. I was refascinated by astronomie while I was ill a few weeks ago: I have watched some documentary films about mars, saturn and the spaceshuttle programm on zdf.de . The Pictures from Cassini of Enceladus were my favorits. So I searched them for my desktop-background and with google I found this page... Thanks for sharing these breathtaking pictures!

hinufizz

Post by hinufizz » Thu May 29, 2014 2:15 pm

I'm 21, currently pursuing some sort of career in Astronomy. Love the wondrous pictures, and learning new things about outer space every day :ssmile: