Uninstall

Introductions, Rules, Announcements, and Feedback
marknoissey
Asternaut

Uninstall

Post by marknoissey » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:22 pm

I am having so much trouble uninstalling APOD. I can't even change the desktop from my control panel. I try to save it the Windows backgrounds and i press "Save Changes" but it doesn't save them. Also, the program doesn't show up on Revo Uninstaller. I have unchecked the "Start program on Windows Startup" and reset, but that doesn't change it. What am I doing wrong? I can find no answers online.

Thanks.

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Re: Uninstall

Post by owlice » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:19 pm

APOD is a website. It sounds as though you are using software to download APOD to your desktop. What software is it? Did you download it from the About APOD page? What version of Windows are you using?
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

marknoissey
Asternaut

Post by marknoissey » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:11 pm

I am not sure where I downloaded it from, but it has a little picture of Jupiter in the system tray which brings up the options. I am running Windows 7.

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:00 am

Try checking the uninstall procedure listed on this website. https://sites.google.com/site/apodwallp ... stallation

Note step 4 in particular. Once you've done that I also recommend rebooting your computer and then trying to set your own background.

...If that doesn't work, reformat and reinstall Windows. Ha. The extreme but effective solution to all Windows computer problems.

And, like Owlice said, we at this forum don't have anything to do with any of the automatic wallpaper programs out there. They're all an install-at-your-own-risk kind of thing. Hope this helps anyway.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.