RJN Interview in "PAGES OF" Magazine

Introductions, Rules, Announcements, and Feedback
RJN
Baffled Boffin

RJN Interview in "PAGES OF" Magazine

Post by RJN » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Here is an interview I did recently for "PAGES OF" magazine.
http://pagesofmagazine.com/apod/
In this interview I try to explain some of the reasons why I write my APODs the way I do. Have a look!

- RJN

MargaritaMc
Look to the Evenstar

Re: RJN Interview in "PAGES OF" Magazine

Post by MargaritaMc » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:51 am

Excellent article. I especially was taken with this:
The hyperlinks, however, are really the place where the greatest understanding is conveyed. ... Many times a good link will free me from explaining something in detail that many readers would find boring or overly pedantic. I visualise a good link like a powerful skyscraper jutting out of the screen, adding valuable depth to an otherwise too-flat explanation.
I like the skyscraper analogy. It's complementary to the image I have, of the hyperlinks in the Apod text being mine shafts of information. Some days I'll actually spend an hour or more digging into the links and links from links.

Thank you, RJN.

Margarita
"In those rare moments of total quiet with a dark sky, I again feel the awe that struck me as a child. The feeling is utterly overwhelming as my mind races out across the stars. I feel peaceful and serene."
— Dr Debra M. Elmegreen, Fellow of the AAAS

LocalColor
Science Officer

Re: RJN Interview in "PAGES OF" Magazine

Post by LocalColor » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:36 pm

We love visiting APOD each day, and the explainations are always clear and the links are both fun and informative. Thank you.