Wallpaper

See new, spectacular, or mysterious sky images.

RJN
Baffled Boffin

Re: Wallpaper

Post by RJN » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Shouldn't APOD be on this list?

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Fri May 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

neptunium

Post by neptunium » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:22 am

How can I install the background program thing - the one that automatically downloads the astronomy picture of the day every day on the computer's background?

darkwing97
Asternaut
AKA: dark wing

Post by darkwing97 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:11 pm

orin stepanek wrote:How about; http://galaxymap.org/cgi-bin/sharpless.py?s=1

You know how much I love the galaxy maps you have in your site. Thanks for sharing.

mjimih
Science Officer
AKA: Mark

Post by mjimih » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:05 am

neptunium wrote:How can I install the background program thing - the one that automatically downloads the astronomy picture of the day every day on the computer's background?
https://sites.google.com/site/apodwallpaper/
The APOD Wallpaper software automatically updates your Windows desktop wallpaper from the Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD) web site. The APOD site has cool pictures of stars, nebula, galaxies, space missions, the earth, and planets along with descriptions like those below. Use the APOD WallPaper software to ensure that you don't miss any of the APOD images.
The software is free and works on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 with Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later. Download it now.
Aliens will find Earth absolutely amazingly beautiful and fragile to behold. But if they get close enough, they'll see 7,000,000,000 of us and think "Uh oh, that's a lot for such a small planet. Wonder if we should help?"