Submissions: 2013 January

See new, spectacular, or mysterious sky images.
Ann
4725 Å

Re: Submissions: 2013 January

Post by Ann » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:16 pm

I've looked through this thread of wonderful images, and I want to thank everyone who contributed. Thank you so much for your hard work and your inspiration.

I'm going to mention just a few images which speak particularly strongly to my preferences.
Jeff Dai, I love that galactic icefall with the glittering Milky Way and the Andromeda galaxy above.

Sergio, you have posted several great images here recently, and I love them all! Antonio Costa, I'm amazed at that "rainbow quadrantid".

Antonio Cabanillas and William Alvarez, I completely love your fantastic image of IC 4065 in Scorpius.

Philippe TOSI, I'm fascinated at that "churning full Moon sky" over the Pyrenees mountains, which could have been taken from a dark fantasy movie.

Greg Gibbs, that "Room with a View" image is really beautiful! Thank you, Stephen63, for letting us see that Hubble picture of galaxies NGC 192, 196 and 197.

Anna, welcome to Starship Asterisk*, and thank you for adding flute music to the music of the spheres!

Welcome to Emre Can Alagoz, too, and your fine image of anticrepuscular rays.

Mavroudakis Fotis, thank you for your beautiful pictures from Greece.

Miguel Claro, that's a truly beautiful sunset photo. Marsel van Oosten, that's a simply magical photo from Namibia.

Ryan Hannahoe and Robert Gendler, that's a fantastic image of NGC 6334 and NGC 6357 in Scorpius.

Vegastar Charpentier, I just love how you make that Moon rise out the mist. Eduard Garcia Ribera, that's a very fine picture of M81, M82 and the Integrated Flux Nebula.

Otemiz, welcome to Starship Asterisk*! That's a fantastic image of the starry sky above two marvellous rock formations. Thank you for the annotated image, too!

And Marco Lorenzi, that's a fantastic image of M46 and M47 and a planetary nebula.

And Raul, I just love your Orion Nebula!

Roberto Beltramini, your Orion and Horsehead Nebula image is definitely one of my absolute favorites here.

Luis Argerich, I love how you captured Comet Lemmon in the middle of the Southern Cross!

And Philippe TOSI, that's another amazing image of Jupiter.

Phil Hart, that's a fantastic image of the starry sky and bioluminescence.

Luc Perrot, I love how the Carina Nebula and the Milky Way rises out of the mist and over that mountain top.

Velimir Popov, I really like those portraits of NGC 869 and 884.

Rolf Wahl Olsen, that's a truly great picture of Messier 46 and planetary nebula NGC 2438!

Alexandre CROISIER, that windmill and Milky Way picture is really nice.

Mario Weigand, I like both your images, but especially the "East of Merak" one.

Welcome to Starship Astersik*, Antognoni Alejandro! That's a very nice picture of the Gabriela Mistral nebula and the great cluster NGC 3293.

Thank you for that Cassiopeia and Perseus image, Ajay Talwar!

Tommy, that's a both strange and beautiful midwinter image. Mark Hanson, I love that Coned and Foxfur image!

Fred Herrmann, that's a wild California nebula, indeed. What do the colors mean?

Tunc Tezel, thank you for that very fine annotated image of constellation Carina.

Again, thanks to all of you who submitted images!

Ann
Color Commentator

Ann
4725 Å

Re: Submissions: 2013 January

Post by Ann » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:59 am

How could I forget? Adam Block, I'm always so happy to see your pictures here!

Ann
Color Commentator