Whimsical Internet search

Research the universe. Expand humanity's knowledge.
RJN
Baffled Boffin

Whimsical Internet search

Post by RJN » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:40 pm

This post is part of an experiment -- admittedly whimsical -- to solicit a specific email or tweet from a time traveler from the future. If you have such ability, please go back in time and send out a tweet BEFORE August 2013 with the specific term "#ICannotChangeThePast2" if you feel that you do not have the ability to change the past. However, if you can demonstrate an ability to change the past, please send out a tweet BEFORE August 2013 including the specific term "#ICanChangeThePast2".

Alternatively, email can be used. Please send an email BEFORE August 2013 to home.nemiroff@yahoo.com with the term "#ICanChangeThePast2" in the subject line, or include the term "#ICannotChangeThePast2" at the end of some brief text in the body of an email, as appropriate. If you do not have such ability, please do not spam this post. Thanks!

- RJN

wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

Re: Whimsical Internet search

Post by wonderboy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:09 pm

what this would involve is a person from the future reading this post, then going back in time to twitter or yahoo.com and sending you an email or a twitter post about an email you havent even written yet. if i was to get a twitter post or an email saying "#ICanChangeThePast2" or "#ICannotChangeThePast2" i wouldnt think anything of it as the email i had written to solicit the response hadnt been written yet.

an image would be better, especially with the new ios7 Software telling you when and where you took your pictures, even if you cant remember yourself haha.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?

rstevenson
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Post by rstevenson » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:16 pm

wonderboy wrote:... if i was to get a twitter post or an email saying "#ICanChangeThePast2" or "#ICannotChangeThePast2" i wouldnt think anything of it as the email i had written to solicit the response hadnt been written yet.
If he thought of doing this last July, but waited until now to start this thread, then RJN would know what the email was about.

Rob

wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

Post by wonderboy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:20 pm

rstevenson wrote:
wonderboy wrote:... if i was to get a twitter post or an email saying "#ICanChangeThePast2" or "#ICannotChangeThePast2" i wouldnt think anything of it as the email i had written to solicit the response hadnt been written yet.
If he thought of doing this last July, but waited until now to start this thread, then RJN would know what the email was about.

Rob

Very Good

the intricacy of time travel is amazing.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?