UFOs and Pseudoscience

Interesting physics explained with many thought experiments and little math.
SsDd
Science Officer
AKA: Abhi

UFOs and Pseudoscience

Post by SsDd » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:18 am

The lecture video is embedded below.

Additionally, slides used in the lecture are embedded below, or can also be downloaded directly from here.

Questions after the lecture? Please feel free to post them in the same thread.

Click to play embedded YouTube video.

*********************************************************************************************

ScIencekid

Re: UFOs and Pseudoscience

Post by ScIencekid » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:26 pm

So I have this STEM project to do about anything STEM related and I decided to do lenticular clouds.
And a part of the assignment is that you have to write a testable question (If..then..because..) and could you give me lenticular clouds testable questions examples so I can get an idea??? It'll help a lot :clap:

Lol, love these smilies. Too bad only 3 are allowed , but I'm trying not to spam. :blah:

THANKS IT"LL REALLLLLLLLY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Answers by, lets see, October 20??

Thank you. :yes:

ScIencekid

Re: UFOs Lenticular Clouds

Post by ScIencekid » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Me again, yep. :facepalm: So I know this article is about UFOS and stuff, but is it possible to make something on lenticular clouds?? IF so, thanks. :roll: :eyebrows:

ScIencekid

Post by ScIencekid » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Actually , the time is wrong, its 4 : 33 here , not 8 : 33 is this a mistake? :ohno: :derp: :spam:

THIS IS NOT SPAMM>< ITS CALLED TRYINGNA GET ANSWERS , SORRY If ITS A BOTHER

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:53 am

ScIencekid, if you have any specific questions related to astronomy, you might try asking in one of the other forum sections. The classroom doesn't contain a lot of ongoing discussions, partially because it is a specially organized section of the forum. Your questions don't seem to pertain to the lecture itself. If you can collect your thoughts into something more specific, someone might have a suggestion. I just hope you realize it looks an awful lot like you want your homework done for you. Ideas are the hardest part.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:56 am

Sciencekid, I suggest you just google "lenticular clouds". I did, and my first source, Wikipedia, contains quite a lot of information on how these clouds form. And this site contains information on how lenticular clouds have been mistaken for UFOs. Really, there is a lot to find if you only google!
Can't resist showing you this picture of a long string of lenticular clouds. Don't they look gorgeous? According to the Wikipedia site that I linked to, these are an example of a lenticular version of a wave cloud.

Do look around on you own! There is so much to learn out there. But remember to always quote your sources, and never present other people's texts as your own!

Good luck!

Ann
Color Commentator