What caused the big bang

The cosmos at our fingertips.
THX1138
Emailed Bob; Got a new title!
AKA: Wile-e-coyote super genius

Re: What caused the big bang

Post by THX1138 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:15 pm

100% cool NEUFER
If there is a God and if there is a heaven and I I were to go there when I die please God let there be a 1970's and 80's section but knowing how things usually go for me reincarnation will be the next E-ticket and knowing my dumb luck I'd probably come back as myself.
I've come to the conclusion that when i said i wanted to be somebody when i grew up i probably should have been more specific

danielismeh
Asternaut

Post by danielismeh » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:18 pm

I think that the universe may have appeared just like how a virtual particle appears and then disappears, except on a much grander scale.

Mysterium Cosmographicum
Asternaut

Post by Mysterium Cosmographicum » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:43 am

Let's James Web Telescope speak. Maybe it will provide us big surprises

saturno2
Commander

Post by saturno2 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:06 am

I think that the Big Bang did not start from a point
of infinite density, but it arose from a large amount
of cold, compact and high density matter.
Before the Big Bang there was matter.
But, what caused this explosion?
Possibly a series nuclear fission reaction, generated
the Big Bang

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:37 pm

saturno2 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:06 am I think that the Big Bang did not start from a point
of infinite density, but it arose from a large amount
of cold, compact and high density matter.
Before the Big Bang there was matter.
But, what caused this explosion?
Possibly a series nuclear fission reaction, generated
the Big Bang
Right now, we don't even know if the Big Bang required a cause. But we do know that it didn't involve any nuclear processes, because at the time of the Big Bang, and for a discrete length of time after that, there were no atomic particles.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

starbrush
Ensign

Post by starbrush » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:39 am

Just as a bit of play with universes and those exotic ideas of multiple dimensions, I imagined two high-dimensional bubbles intersecting, whose intersection 'circle' is our 4-dimensional universe. At first the intersection is an infinitesimal point; then, as the intersection deepens, it expands dramatically (the Inflationary period). Eventually it slows down, comes to a stop... before beginning to shrink, in a reversal of the previous process. Finally, an infinitesimal point marks the instant at which the two bubbles disengage and the intersection circle vanishes and they can float off on their adventures unknown. Or perhaps they don't disengage. Perhaps they wobble about together as conjoined bubbles sometimes do. I wonder if they can pop? As with our real-world bubbles, a meeting of more than two might make for some interesting variations. Perhaps it's a big bubble-bath out there!
That's all it is, a bit of visual play. It doesn't agree with our observations of the accelerating expansion in our current epoch.
Thinking of another challenge: if anyone can describe to a non-mathematician like me, how to visualise/analogise the square root of -1, do please share!