forbidden

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
minplus
Asternaut

forbidden

Post by minplus » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:18 pm

Hello all of you
For a very very long time already I'm visiting APOD and advising my students to visit this site and have a faint look at the wonders of the universe.
I made a wonderful screensaver of my favourite pictures of the last 7 years astonishing my visitors who see it in action, asking me where those wonderful things come from.
Until today.
Since this evening of the 14th of july I only get the following message and cannot look in the archive anymore, not even at yesterday's picture, not in the dutch section, nor any other:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /apod/astropix.html on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Does anyone know what's going on and why? I'm very sad not being able to enter my favourite site, whatever I try and I don't understand the reason why. Greetings Minplus :( :?: :?: :shock: :?

minplus
Asternaut

forbidden

Post by minplus » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:55 pm

On this forum too I'm not allowed to look at any picture anyone of you is mentioning, I just noticed, so I only may talk with you about things I may not see for whatever reason. Well, I see a great white universe with nothing in it except a forbidden-note, think it will be the big bang or something like that and all I know is that it's rather boring. I think I better go to sleep now, it's late and much more interesting because I see more in my dreams.....
Greetings Minplus
PS What is BBCode? I disabled it because I have no idea

tirebytr
Asternaut

Attention Moderator : APOD IS DOWN

Post by tirebytr » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:35 am

If there is a moderator available that can contact the sysadmin of APOD, the entire site has somehow been misconfigured. It is presently (as of 20:31 EDT) only 403 errors anywhere on the entire antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov site. Being Saturday, notification thru normal channels is not going to happen.

Thanks in advance

Ed Glos

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Post by BMAONE23 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:09 am

I've seen this happen several times in the past. It has taken several days to correct the past problems. I wonder what is wrong this time???

Confused
Science Officer

Post by Confused » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:53 am

I have been unable to get to the site for about 24 hours.

Confused
Science Officer

Post by Confused » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:57 am

Immediately after I posted my reply, I checked again and now I get a page that says:
The website you are trying to access is currently experiencing technical difficulties.
We are aware of the problem and are working quickly to return it to service.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

minplus
Asternaut

Post by minplus » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:48 am

That's better than I got yesterday. Wouldn't have written that part if I'd have gotten your message. For me it was the first time so I had no idea. Now I get the same as you.

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:03 am

You can still use one of the mirrors to browse past pictures.

minplus
Asternaut

Post by minplus » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:36 pm

The ones I tried didn't function, but the normal site is working again, though slowly at the moment. Perhaps half the world is visiting it now. :)