APOD: Lewins Challenge: 360 Degree Star Trails (2011 Jul 17)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Re: APOD: Lewins Challenge: 360 Degree Star Trails (2011 Jul

Post by Chris Peterson » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 am

Wolf Kotenberg wrote:Some time ago, quite possibly a few years, prof Lewin issued a challenge to APOD viewers to explain a light issue with a photograph, possibly taken by prof Lewin himself, that had a misterious light source location. I have been following APOD for many things and some of them I have in the back of my mind as " no answer ". Perhaps someone can enlighten the vast audience, namely me, as to the answer to that puzzle.. An ice cold one would be nice for a reward.
Here is the APOD in question and here is Lewin's answer. More here.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Re: APOD: Lewins Challenge: 360 Degree Star Trails (2011 Jul

Post by bystander » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:31 am

Wolf Kotenberg wrote:Some time ago, quite possibly a few years, prof Lewin issued a challenge to APOD viewers to explain a light issue with a photograph, possibly taken by prof Lewin himself, that had a misterious light source location. I have been following APOD for many things and some of them I have in the back of my mind as " no answer ". Perhaps someone can enlighten the vast audience, namely me, as to the answer to that puzzle.. An ice cold one would be nice for a reward.
Chris Peterson wrote:Here is the APOD in question and here is Lewin's answer. More here.
http://asterisk.apod.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59
Know the quiet place within your heart and touch the rainbow of possibility; be
alive to the gentle breeze of communication, and please stop being such a jerk.
— Garrison Keillor